chapter fourteen | not close enough

Song : TROUBLE - EXO

•••|||•••

Jenny's skin burned red hot as Daemon's fingers traced a line across her face, slowly and softly as if she was the most fragile and precious thing in the world.

His eyes were dark on her, unreadable and Jenny Archer couldn't read them so as to gauge what he was thinking at that moment.

His eyes were trained on her as she took a slow deep breath in, trying to calm her racing heart, and gain control over her body.

Her entire body was mess of nerves, spiralling out of control at Daemon's closeness, it was buzzing, electrified and screaming as it demanded more of his touch. It graved his touch, it wanted it. It needed Daemon Matthews.

Jenny swallowed hard as she realized just how close he was to her.

There was still space between them but that space was negligible, given how the air between them was heavy and saturated with tension. They might as well have been pressed against one another from the way Jenny was reacting to Daemon.

Jenny bit her lower lip in nervousness and regretted it instantly when like a shark that caught the scent of blood in the water, Daemon's eyes instantly focused in on her lips. Jenny stopped instantly and she heard Daemon take a deep breath in.

She took a step back, making sure to make no sound as she did so, thankful for the breathing space that it availed her.

"Jenny?"

As if a gunshot had gone off, Jenny and Daemon stiffened instantly, tensed as their eyes both darted to the locked door. However, instead of jumping further apart as one would in that moment, they remained frozen in their spot.

"Daemon?"

This time, Jenny and Daemon both confirmed whose voice it was that had broken the tension.

Jesse was on the other side of the door. And he would not be happy if he was to see them in their present predicament.

Daemon's turned his head back to Jenny, his eyes wide open, shock clearly on his face, but there wasn't a hint of fear. Jenny was the one who was worried about what would happen next.

She could picture it already.

Her brother walking in, catching the two of them together in a locked bathroom. Demanding to know what exactly was happening and jumping to his own conclusion. Jenny would of course try to convince him of the truth, that Daemon had basically locked them there of his own volition.

Whether or not her brother would believe her, that she still couldn't picture. He was confusing and Jenny knew in the seventeen years she'd known him, that Jesse Archer liked to surprise people.

Daemon leaned in closer to Jenny, his chest pressing against Jenny's arm. Jenny tensed up, her face heating up as she realized that she was as bare as a newborn save for the towel wrapped tightly around her body. Trying not to draw more attention to that fact, she shifted back minutely.

"What should we do?" Daemon whispered, his warm breath kissing her ear and Jenny hoped that it in turn didn't redden up.

Jenny fixed a cold stare at him, "This is your fault," she whispered back as she pushed against his chest. "You fix it!"