chapter nine | contemplating murder

Jenny felt a thousand emotions flood through her as she stared back at Daemon.

Anger. Embarrassment. Fear. An unsettling feeling settled in her gut that made her feel queasy. And there was the confusing feeling of hurt.

Jenny didn't want to pay attention to that last one. She didn't want to focus that much on it because it both scared her and confused her.

Instead she narrowed her eyes into a glare that usually scared away guys that got too handsy with her.

Daemon's lips pulled up into a smirk that was both taunting Jenny and playful.

Jenny tried to pull her hand away from his grip but instead of pulling it free, Daemon's hands tightened around Jenny's with a viselike grip.

"Let me go!" Jenny demanded with a determined tone that didn't underlay how intimidated she was feeling at the moment.

Daemon chuckled lowly before he said, "No."

"Let me go, Matthews!" she snapped once again, her eyes drifting momentarily to down the hall in case someone happened upon them.

Daemon leaned down really slowly making Jenny's breathing to slow down momentarily. When his face was mere inches from Jenny's, he said with a low, breathy voice, "No."

Jenny took a step back to give her space to breath, maintaining the glare. "Why are you even here? Don't you have to get back and continue eating her face off?" She didn't mean for it to, but her voice came off with a tinge of undeniable jealous that one would hear on a jealous ex.

Trying to act like it was nothing, Jenny tried to pull her hand out of Daemon's again, but he maintained his grip.

Daemon scoffed, the corner of his eyes crinkling together as he chuckled lowly. "You're jealous."

Jenny fortunately didn't lose her hard glare nor her cool glare at Daemon's words. Instead her brows crinkled together as she said with a normal levelheaded voice, "No, I am not."

Daemon took one step forward and closed the gap between them again. "I think you are."

Jenny rolled her eyes at him, her anger now keeping her from acting like an idiot in front of Daemon. "Just because you think that every single girl on this planet wants you, doesn't mean that I do. In fact, if you and I were the last people on Earth, I would rather die a painful death than be stuck with the likes of y-"

Daemon crushed his lips against Jenny's, killing off whatever she was about to say.

At first, shock took over Jenny and her entire being and she froze. She couldn't fathom what was happening or whether it was really happening. Then when she finally wrapped her mind around what was happening, instinct took over and she took her free hand and pushed Daemon away from her.

Given her built in comparison to Daemon's, her push didn't do that much but only gave her an adequate enough space for her to catch her breath.

"What the heck do you think you are doing?!" she snapped at him after wiping profusely at her lips. She tasted strawberry and watermelon and knew instantly it was from his exchange of saliva with Jessica earlier.

She pierced him with a glare that would freeze the Sahara Desert and pictured the numerous ways she could kill Daemon Matthews.

The fact that a criminal record would mar her chances of getting into Harvard of Stanford was the only thing keeping her from running Daemon Matthews over with her car.
That and the fact that she knew he wasn't worth the effort.

Daemon didn't look any bit fazed by Jenny's outburst. In fact, he looked like he was finding her anger and outrage amusing and entertaining. "You were saying that you aren't the least bit affected by me. I wanted to prove a point."