A fight to remember

“You’ll only use your starters, ok? First one to faint loses.” Explained Professor Sycamore. “And… Start the battle!” Kenny and I both reached for our Pokéballs. “Go Froakie!” I yelled, tossing the Pokéball. “You can do it, Fennekin!” said Kenny. “Froakie, use bubble and then tackle it!” Froakie jumped into the air, and grabbed some frubbles from around his neck. He tossed them at Fennekin, and it was glued to the spot. “Gah. Fennekin, burn away the frubbles!” Fennekin started to form a fire charge, but it was cut short by Froakie’s tackle. Fennekin flew back, and hit the wall.  “Finish it with a water pulse, Froakie!” Froakie hopped over to Fennekin, and started to move his hands. A large water bubble formed, and Froakie tossed it as hard as he could at Fennekin. “No! Fennekin!” Kenny ran over to his passed-out Pokémon. “You did great, buddy. Now get some rest.” Kenny pulled out the Pokéball, and took back Fennekin.

 “Good match, Ken!” I said, holding out my hand. “Good match…” He said, obviously sad about losing. He grabbed my hand, and shook it. “Congratulations!” exclaimed Professor Sycamore. “Now, if you want to go on your adventure, I’d suggest leaving now… But not before I give you these.” He handed both me and Kenny a Pokéball.  “Goodbye, you two! Take those Pokémon as tokens of good luck for your adventure!” Professor Sycamore led us to the front door. “Bye, Professor!” I yelled as I left the building. “So… Where should we go next?” I asked. “Well, there is a gym herein Lumiose, so you can go to that. I need to stock up on Pokéballs.” Said Kenny. He pointed to a giant tower. “The gym is in there.” “Ok, Thanks!” I said, as I ran to the tower.

The gym was huge. I beat trainer after trainer, to get to the top of the tower. The gym leader was there. I was going to beat him, and get a badge. When I finally reached the top, I stood there for a moment. I pushed open the doors, and walked into the gym leader's room. A kid, no older than me sat on a chair. He noticed me, and stood up. "I am Clemont, the gym leader here." He said. "Have you come to fight me and my shocking electric type team?" "Yes," I said. "Yes I have." "Very well! Let the battle begin!" He yelled, as he took out a Pokéball. 

Will Amber win the battle? Or will she get zapped by the electric type pokémon? Find out tomorrow as Amber and Clemont face off in a battle they won't soon forget!