3« irony

"Dani, are you sleeping?"
After such a dreadful, tear-soaked evening yesterday, I had hardly the energy to work. This wasn't the first time I had dozed off here, but dishes were piling up quickly today, and even Jimin was losing his patience.
"Dan, c'mon, you have a job to do."
"Huh?" I startled awake, my hands fully submerged in overflowing soapy water. I nearly gagged at the greasy, grimy stack of plates and silverware before my eyes.
"Sorry, on it!"
Jimin tugged my ponytail as he left the kitchen, saying "Get your head out of the clouds, Dani."
That wasn't the first time I'd heard that this week.
I scrubbed mindlessly for a little bit, biting my lip occasionally to stay awake. I had almost completely faded back to sleep when Sandra's authoritative yelling throughout the kitchen jostled me awake.
Oh god, she's having another tantrum.
"Where the hell is Julian? He said he'd fucking be here today! God, that is the last time that lazy, unmotivated asshole gets the benefit of the doubt!"
I peeked my head out of the washroom to see Jimin uselessly attempting to calm her down.
"Sandra, don't worry, I can call him right now and tell him-"
"Tell him what?" She boomed. "That we're hopelessly low on staff? And the staff that we do have is shit, but we have to keep them anyway because nobody else will work on this god-forsaken side of town! What am I supposed to do when we have a line out the door and two people seating tables, Jimin?"
He lowered his head defeatedly and took a step back, mumbling a quick apology.
It was only my nature to step in and offer help.
"Sandra, maybe I could wait tables? Just for today, or until the Julian situation is sorted out? I won't ask for any sort of pay-raise."
If I was being truly honest, a promotion was exactly the thing I needed. But Sandra was a stressful woman who certainly wasn't the type to give handouts. I'd have to work for it.
"Then who is going to do the fucking dishes, Daniella?"
Hurt, a frown creased my forehead as I ran a hand through my hair.
Stupid.
"Sorry."
Sandra scoffed in my face before turning to look outside. Jimin and I exchanged an empathetic glance before our manager completely exploded,
"OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"
She stomped back into the kitchen and slammed open a closet in the corner. She snatched a green waitresses uniform from a hanger, extra small, and threw it straight into my chest, rolling her sleeves up in succession.
"I can't believe I'm fucking doing this," she mumbled under her breath. "Dani, go get changed, and maybe put on some makeup while you're at it. I want you out there in five minutes."
I raised my eyebrows in surprise.
She was really gonna let me wait tables.
"But what about dishes?"
She rolled her eyes.
"What do you think? I'm not going out there looking like a train wreck. I'm letting you serve,  Dani, now get out of my sight before I change my mind."
How appalling. I had never witnessed Sandra in such a mood. Sure, she was emotional, and she certainly had had her moments before. But she always tried her best to maintain a professional attitude at the workplace. Even when she did get upset, I'd never heard her say something like that.
She'd really hit rock bottom.
"Well, are you just gonna stand there?"
Jimin shook my shoulder, interrupting my thoughts.
"Oh, yeah, sorry."
God, I really was scatterbrained lately.

Even though the uniform was our smallest size, it still hung a little baggy on me. I sighed as I looked at the skeleton in the mirror and tightened my ponytail.
You'll get better Dani. It just takes time.

I took a step outside the kitchen, notepad in hand and ready to work. It was fairly easy; besides a few uneasy stares that I just had to ignore, people were very patient and I got a lot done. I even skipped my lunch break to help take care of everything, and soon the lines weren't near as drastic. Everything was going much more smoothly than I'd expected.
Until, right before the end of my shift, he stepped through the door.
The same sulky Korean guy from yesterday, a blue windbreaker on with ripped black jeans. Maybe it was all in my head, but it seemed like he was looking for someone. Namely me.
I decided I didn't need Jimin to try and take this into his own hands; he'd only blow it out of proportion. Instead, I strode right up to the sexy stranger and smiled sweetly.
"Hi, welcome to the Garden Diner. Will it be just you today?"
His brooding eyes met mine for a split second, causing my plastered grin to falter.
God, so intense.
"Yeah, just me."
As I led him to a table, I wondered if he would say anything about yesterday, or if he even recognized me.
Maybe this is just a coincidence. Not everything is about me.

"Alright, my name is Daniella, I'll be taking care of you tonight. Can I get you started with something to drink?"
"Daniella, that's a pretty name." His lips curled up into a gummy half-smile as he complimented me, causing my heart to beat a tad faster.
"Oh, thank you. Drink?"
Gosh, stop being awkward Dani.
"I'd just like some coffee, please."
For someone so tired looking, perhaps you should get some sleep before you come here asking for coffee.
I almost blurted that out, but bit my tongue.
"Coming right up!"
I flashed the sweetest smile I could muster before rushing back to the kitchen. Jimin was already waiting for me, muscular arms folded across his chest
"What did I tell you? It's that creepy Korean dude!"
I rolled my eyes. "He's not creepy. He's just here for some coffee."
"You should let me take his table. I'll make sure he stays away from you."
It was so hard not to just step on his foot or something. I just wanted to yell in his face, Stop hovering!
"Jimin, I can take care of myself."
But, ironically enough, skipping lunch was suddenly catching up to me. I could feel my hands trembling as I gripped the man's coffee mug much more tightly than necessary. Black dots were spotting my vision, and I thought I could handle it when suddenly everything turned black and the only sounds I heard were the breaking of glass and my own fall.

~~~

{a/n} hiya reader, hope you enjoyed chapter three :)
i hope I'm not being too dramatic :// one of my friends said that Dani was kinda annoying (which I appreciate her being honest I just don't really know how to fix it) so yeah uhm if this seems kinda stupid to you I understand 🤷🏼‍♀️ but uh yeah that's all I have to say on this one, I hope you're liking how I portrayed Yoongi and Jimin at least.

If you liked this chapter, I always appreciate a vote, comment, or even a share if you really liked it!

As always, happy reading :)

사랑해,
-라나