8« breakfast with yoongi-hyung

Sleep was something I could rarely take solace in, as much as I wished I could. What used to bring me tranquility was now accompanied with wretched nightmares.
I had no idea how many times I'd woken up screaming, drowning in my own sweat, calling out for help that would never come.
But I was lucky this particular night.
Somehow, I slept so deeply that the typical night terrors never came. For the first time in months, my sleep was peaceful, and uninterrupted.
At least until I was shaken awake by Jeongguk's skinny little arms.
"Dani, Hyung made breakfast for us."
I rubbed my eyes open and smacked my lips, staring at the bug-eyed boy before me. I was still getting used to seeing someone with such colorless skin again. I thought those days were over.
"Who's 'Hyung'?" I pondered aloud, still waking up and remembering that I wasn't in my own bed.
Perhaps that's why the nightmares never came.
"Hyung is Yoongi." Jeongguk twirled a lock of my tangled hair between his fingers affectionately before leaning in to whisper, "You have drool on your chin."
"Huh?" I laughed nervously and wiped it away before standing and doing a long stretch.
I sure was taking a liking to this sweet little kid.

Yoongi was in the kitchen across the hall, tapping his foot as he stood at the head of the table.
"Hurry up, it's getting cold!" He ordered grumpily.
I rolled my eyes and ruffled Jeongguk's hair before leading him into the kitchen, where the scent of fresh meat and eggs wafted through the air and sent a huge spurt of warmth to my chest.
Jeongguk and I took a seat at the table, where Yoongi served us each a simply plated omelet with a side of bacon.
"Thank you for making breakfast, it smells amazing." I smiled warmly before digging in. It didn't occur to me how incredibly hungry I was, which only amplified the already amazing flavor. Each well-blended bite melted in my mouth.
After the ramen from last night, and the omelets from this morning, I could certainly get used to this.
"Wow Yoongi, you're really an amazing cook." I complimented, not looking up from my meal as I devoured it. I was due for a big breakfast.
"Why're you smiling like that, Hyung?" Jeongguk giggled from across the table.
My eyes darted up, wondering what he was teasing Yoongi for. Yoongi's cheeks burned red as he tried to cover a gummy smile.
"Nothing," he shook his head, but I could still hear the smile in his voice. "It's just good to see her eating."
Are they making fun of me?
But the younger was quick to fill me in.
"Hyung gets flustered when girls compliment him."
It was a relief that Jeongguk was more than willing to disperse all of his brother's hidden quirks; otherwise I would be completely lost half the time.
Jeongguk and I exchanged an amused smirk before Yoongi rushed to change the subject, seemingly oblivious to our private little world.
"So Daniella, how are you feeling? Have you thought about my offer?"
Jeongguk suddenly erupted into a fit of coughing, his eyes bulging out of his head.
"You already asked her out?!"
Yoongi scoffed and flicked Jeongguk's head before taking a seat next to him. "Aniyo, pabo. We'll talk later."
"Hajima!" His high-pitched whining sounded just like Sam's.
Jeongguk folded his arms and leaned over to me, whispering, "He just called me an idiot. I'm gonna beat him up."
He then slumped his shoulders grumpily and stuck his tongue out at Yoongi for the second time since I'd been there.
An amused smile spread across my lips.
Watching their brotherly dynamic, and considering the chance to be a part of it, my heart swelled. The enormous, tender part of it that yearned for Sam seemed to calm when I was around Yoongi and Jeongguk. Even if just for a moment, things seemed bearable. It was as if my brain was trying to reassure me,
If they're okay, you can be too.
"Yoongi, I...I think I'll take you up on your offer."
His cat-like eyes darted up to mine, obviously surprised at my decision. He cleared his throat, trying to re-approximate his nonchalant nature.
"Are you sure?"
I smiled over at Jeongguk, who watched us with unblinking eyes, his lips parted slightly open in curiosity.
If I can help you heal, I'll do it.
"Yeah, I'm sure."
Yoongi's lips parted into the most genuine smile of his that I'd seen thus far, his teeth fully revealed and eyes curved into half moons.
He stood in an attempt to hug me, but then sat back down promptly and shook his head awkwardly as if scolding himself.
"Thank you, Daniella. It means a lot to me. To both of us."
"Not me!" Jeongguk's whines erupted from the other side of the table. We'd nearly forgotten he was there. "I don't even know what you're talking about!"
Yoongi entertained Jeongguk's childish begging for a moment longer before flicking his forehead.
"Daniella will be staying with us for a little bit. I expect you to be respectful."
His rabbit eyes widened in excitement and he broke into a toothy grin.
"No problem, Hyung!"
He raced over to me and tightened his scrawny arms around my back, hugging me as if I were his own sister.
"Gomabda, gomabda, gomabda," he repeated as he hugged tighter and tighter.
"He's saying thank you." Yoongi's adoring smile as he watched his brother was incredibly contagious.
"Thank you too, bud." I pulled Jeongguk gently away to look down and meet his eyes. "You're the reason I said yes."
"Awww, Dani~!"
"Alright, enough with the mushy stuff." Yoongi pulled his jacket from the hook by the door and held an arm out to me.
"I can help you pack your things if you'd like. It'll be good to get started early in the day."
Suddenly, Sam's hoodie flashed before my eyes, and it hit me that it probably was a better idea to have company while packing. It didn't do me any favors to cry myself to sleep again.
"Yeah, you're right."
I took Yoongi's outstretched hand and followed him out the door, waving a quick goodbye to the boy who would soon become more important to me than I ever guessed.

~~~

{a/n} hey reader, it's lana. I have a few things to say about this chapter. Firstly, I AM NOT FLUENT IN KOREAN. The few words I do know, I've learned literally just from listening to kpop. I won't be using a lot of korean, I just thought it kept the story more realistic. Secondly, I know the Jeongguk as a child rather than the sexy dom guy dynamic might be new to some people but I think it's really cute because he really is just a soft lil baby and if you disagree we can fight.

LIKE HES LITERALLY SO SOFT AND SWEET HOW COULD HE BE A DOM

All jokes aside, I really truly hope you're enjoying this story, because I enjoy writing it and I'm working really hard

Sorry for the late update, I'm at camp for my dance team this week and things are insane so I'm very exhausted.

But anyways, if you liked this chapter please leave a vote or a comment; it always makes me smile to see that people appreciate my work.

Have a lovely day, and as always, happy reading <3

사랑해
-라나