9« mood swings and fake flings

So here Yoongi and I were, back on the street, me in the same clothes as yesterday as he walked around looking like a Gucci model in a simple jacket.

"The walk to my place may be a bit far, so it's alright if you don't want to come," I offered. My anxiety was going against my better judgement as I walked next to someone who could make me crumble with a single gaze.
"I don't want you going alone," Yoongi persisted. "I don't want you being alone, period."
"You know I'm an adult, right?"
He rolled his eyes at me and rested his hands behind his neck as he spoke.
"Of course I know that. But I also know that you're fragile, and you're my responsibility now."
"You don't own me.." I mumbled, tilting my head downwards so as not to meet his eyes.
"Daniella, is it so hard to understand that you're important to me?"
I couldn't blame the chill spring air for the crimson color that dawned upon my cheeks.
I knew the reason why, why I was 'important' to him. I was helping his brother. That's it. If I wasn't related to Sam, he wouldn't give a damn about me. Nobody did.

A carefree breeze blew in contrast to the gloomy mood that hung over me like an overcast sky. I really was glad to have Yoongi with me, because my heart only throbbed more the closer we got to my apartment.
"Are you sure you don't have a car, or someone that can lend one?" I whined at one point. I wasn't the type to be picky or materialistic, but all I wanted was to curl up in a ball and cry. Every step was like daggers in my feet getting sharper as we closed the distance to my former home.
"Well, we could always call your 'not-boyfriend'." Yoongi offered playfully.
"Yeah, you're funny."
At my sarcastic tone, he sighed and suddenly veered right.
"Hey, where are you going?"
"To get a car!" He hollered. "You better keep up or I'll just drive off without you!"
He broke into a jog, laughing playfully as he ran. Any passerby on the street would think he was a child.
I couldn't help but smile to myself at his sudden burst of playfulness. It was as if he could sense my displeasure, and knew just what to do to make me feel better.
The sweet gesture didn't mean I was about to run after him though.
I took my time, casually strolling down the street and taking in the beautiful spring weather, which seemed almost better than yesterday's. On days like this, I imagined Sam walking next to me, pointing out funnily shaped clouds or laughing at oddly dressed pedestrians like the dork he was.
I don't know when I closed my eyes, but I hadn't noticed Yoongi's approach until there was a warm hand pulling on mine.
His soothing voice broke through my sweet reminiscing, blending right into my now much more pleasant mood.
"Daniella, you're small, but that doesn't mean you don't have any life in you. C'mon." And he took off, iron grip on my hand, making sure to pace himself so I could keep up.
And I couldn't even be mad. When was the last time I'd had fun? When was the last time I'd laughed?
So that's exactly what I did, screaming excitedly after him and leaving the storm cloud far behind.

~~~

"So who is this?"
"My friend Seokjin. Don't worry, he's very friendly. But whatever I say, just go with it. And if he asks you a question, call him oppa.
Yoongi pounded on the door vehemently, calling, "Seokjin-ssi, I know you're home!"
"Ssi?"
"I'm saying his name formally. Like if I called you Ms. Daniella."
"Alright, Yoongi-ssi."
He responded with that adorable half-grin.

Suddenly a tall, broad-shouldered Korean man yanked the door open powerfully and greeted Yoongi with a warm smile.
"Yoongi! So good to see you! And this pretty lady too!" His accent was incredibly thick; if I hadn't gotten used to Yoongi's by now I'd probably have no idea what he was saying.
"You too, Hyung. May I borrow your truck?"
"Ahh, you're always so quick to ask for a favor, Yoongi. You haven't even introduced me to your pretty friend!"
Yoongi was quick on his feet.
"That's because she's not just my friend, Hyung. Today is a...special occasion. You'd be doing me a huge favor by lending your truck." Yoongi smirked, raw charisma rolling from his tongue like molasses. It was so hard not to burst out laughing, but I decided to play along.
"We've been planning this for a long time, Seokjin-ssi," I said seductively, batting my eyelashes. I intertwined my fingers with Yoongi's to better sell the act, to which he flinched, but then recovered by closing his eyes dreamily. Good acting.
"May we please borrow your truck, Oppa?" I flirted and tilted my head in the cutest way I could muster.
"Ahh, Yoongi. You're lucky to have such a cute little lady. Let me grab my keys."

Moments later, we were seated in the front of a beautiful black truck, laughing our asses off.
"What the fuck was that?" Yoongi choked through his fits of giggles. "You flirt so easy! I had no idea you could be so sexy with the snap of a finger! That was amazing!"
"Don't be so surprised," I snorted, too amused to be angry at his comment. "You go from a grandpa to a sex god in like three seconds!"
"PFF, YOU GOT ME!"
The truck was filled only with the sound of our laughing. Yoongi's high-pitched, dorky squeal of a laugh sounded like it came from a different person entirely, or better yet an animal.
And for some reason I was beginning to like him more and more.

After a few deep breaths of recovery from our laughter, Yoongi turned the keys in the ignition.
"Alright, so how do we get to your place?"
"It's the apartments right off of Sierra boulevard."
"Ohhh, okay, I've seen those."
We were silent for a few minutes, his goofy mood seemingly fading. A solemn frown seemed to slowly overcome him as he drove.
"What are you gonna do with the rest of your life, Daniella?" His intense question pierced the peaceful air.
I widened my eyes. "Well shit, that's a big question. I don't know."
"I mean, what's the point? After he's gone?"
The urgent desperation in his voice told me that Yoongi wasn't talking about me, or about Sam.
I should be prepared for this question, but hell if I know. How am I supposed to tell him how to heal when I still haven't?
Just say what you would want to hear.
"Yoongi...the point is to keep going. You know that's what he wants. You live. Not for you. For him."
He smiled a soft half-smile in the rearview mirror.
"Yeah, I guess you're right."
The atmosphere had certainly changed, an awkward silence filling the truck. The light sound of the AC and the engine running made up the only noises besides Yoongi's desperate, ragged breathing.
"Jeongguk is really something," I added, attempting to lighten his mood. "He's a goofy little ray of sunshine."
"Yeah, that's how he used to be. Now he just sulks."
I raised an eyebrow. "But...he seems so happy..."
"Yeah, he's incredibly happy. But that's because you're here."

~~~

{a/n} hi there, I hate myself, that's all :)

Happy reading