6« the proposition

{a/n} the pic is there so you can understand that I'm not talking hot daddy hip thrusts butt and muscles jungkook. I'm talking the b a b y that you see before you.
Alright, just keep that in mind, hope you enjoy the chapter :)

~~~

"Y-yes, I'm Daniella."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Jeongguk."
The boy smiled tactfully before taking a seat in the swing across from me. He stared at his hands in his lap before licking his lips and looking up at me with the sweetest brown eyes I'd ever seen.
"You're skinny like me."
I startled, a sad frown creasing my forehead.
"Unfortunately, yeah. I wish I wasn't."
"Me too." Jeongguk smiled, revealing adorable, rodent-like front teeth. Everything about him made me want to reach over and hug him as if he were Sam.
"So, how old are you Jeongguk?"
"My thirteenth birthday was in September."
Sam would be fifteen this year.
"Do you like music?"
His round cheeks blushed pink as he looked down into his lap shyly.
"I love music. I even sing sometimes."
They would've made great friends.
I smiled warmly.
"I'm sure you're a lovely singer."
He returned the smile before his eyes darted back to his lap.
I tried to think of a gentle way to approach the subject.
"Jeongguk...did you know Sam Estes? My brother?"
His lips parted as his eyebrows raised and his eyes widened in agony, as if he'd just been shot. His entire milky face had deepened to a cherry red just when Yoongi stepped nonchalantly through the door, a tray holding three bowls in his hand.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't-"
"It's fine." Yoongi replied calmly. "Jeongguk, you're excused."
The boy carefully picked up one of the bowls and went inside without meeting either of our eyes. Yoongi took his spot.
"Eat up."
"Yoongi, I'm really sorry. I didn't realize-"
"I said it was fine. Now eat before it's cold."
I hurriedly obeyed his command and attempted to take a small bite with the wooden chopsticks he provided. Ironically enough, my hands were much too shaky, and I couldn't even bring the noodles to my lips without dropping them.
"Um...do you have a fork?" I asked weakly.
Yoongi rolled his eyes, an amused smile playing along his lips.
"God, haven't you ever eaten at an Asian restaurant?"
I smiled sarcastically, arching an eyebrow.
"Never with crippling blood sugar, sweetie."
"So she has a backbone after all!" Yoongi clapped his hands excitingly. "I was starting to think the only reason you hadn't broken in half already was because you didn't have any bones!"
"Don't patronize me!" I yelled in frustration. "Is everyone in your family so damn blunt?"
"That's just how Koreans are, sweetie."
I really liked sweet Yoongi much better.
I reached to take a bite of the ramen, only to be reminded that I still didn't have silverware.
"So are you just gonna let me starve?"
Just then, Jeongguk peeked his little bunny head out of the screen door to hand me a silver fork.
"Sorry my brother's so mean. He gets that way around pretty girls." He stuck his pink little tongue out at Yoongi before smiling sweetly at me and disappearing into the house.
"Well, I certainly have a favorite." I teased, my cheeks turning a light pink.
"He likes you," Yoongi said quietly, shaking his head to hide his embarrassment.
"So, are you going to tell me why you brought me here?" I asked as I took my first bite, savoring the warm soup as I felt it slide into my hollow stomach. The ramen was delicious.
"To feed you." Yoongi replied matter-of-factly, as if that were the only reason.
"Okay, well if you feed a hungry dog, it'll just keep coming back. So why bring it home?"
"You're not a dog, Daniella. I need you here."
I cocked an eyebrow. "Need me?"
"You're important to Jeongguk."
I was growing more confused by the minute.
"Important how?"
"Sam was his best friend. You're the only person who can help him heal."
"As if I don't need healing," I muttered under my breath.
"That's what I'm saying, Daniella. You can help each other."
I exhaled slowly.
"What do you get out of this?"
"Do you really not get it? I love him more than life, and I don't know how much longer I have with him. All I want is for him to be happy for the remainder of his life. Didn't you want that for Sam?"
I bit my lip to hold back the tears that suddenly threatened to pour over my cheeks.
"I...I wish I could help. But I don't even have a home anymore. I'll probably be leaving town within the week."
He widened his eyes, his mocking smirk replaced with a concerned frown.
"You're leaving?"
"I have no other choice. I'll have to find a homeless shelter or something."
"Why don't you stay with your boyfriend?"
I dropped my fork in surprise.
"Boyfriend?"
"Yeah, the waiter from the diner."
"Jimin is not my boyfriend. Living with him would only make him ask even more questions, which is an absolute no from me. I'd rather take a chance on my own."
I stood up to straighten out my outfit and nodded gratefully to Yoongi, ready for this disappointing discussion to meet its end.
"I appreciate you doing this for me, but I can't help you. I was hoping this would go differently, but I can't help my situation. I need to get home before dark."
Before I could take two steps off the porch, Yoongi stood and blocked my path.
"Stay with us."
"W-what?"
"You heard me. Stay here. You can have my room and I'll sleep on the couch."
"Yoongi, there is no way in hell that is happening. We've known each other for hardly two days."
"Please." His penetrating black eyes made me question my decision.
Damn you for being so handsome..
"I...I just can't. Maybe if I could pay you rent. But this all feels too strange."
"If you want to pay me, pay me."
"With what money?"
"Pay me by babysitting Jeongguk. Take care of him so that I can work, and make more money to keep him alive. Please, Daniella."
I bit my lip. "You realize you're offering a lot."
"I don't care. You'd be helping both of us."
"I'll have to think about it, okay? I just need to get home."
I pushed past him to leave, but his hand gently pulled on my wrist as he looked at me with worried eyes.
"I think you should stay here tonight."
"Jesus, what?"
"The sun's already setting. I don't want you walking home alone, so just stay here. If it's too weird for you, we'll know that you can't live here."
I searched his beautiful eyes for something, some reason for me to say no. But I only saw pure, unadulterated pain.
I sighed. "This feels like Beauty and the Beast."
"You think I'm a beast?"
"You think I'm a beauty? Point is, you're a stranger." I paused. "You're right about one thing, though. It's getting late." I sighed. "I'll stay here, but I'm sleeping on the couch."
Yoongi closed his eyes and let go of my wrist with a relieved grin. "Thank you."
I smiled back, looking up at him apologetically. "Thank you too, Yoongi. It's nice to meet someone who... understands."
"It is." He pushed his hair out of his forehead before looking back at me with an innocent brightness in his eyes. "And don't be so hard on yourself. I can hear all your self deprecating comments, and they're just not true. You're not some hideous wrench, Daniella. I promise.
And I'm damn blunt, sweetie."

~~~

{a/n} we getting heated in this bitch ;_;
So yeah I hope I haven't rushed things along too quickly. Obviously Yoongi sees something in Daniella that she doesn't see in herself, and not even you, the reader, knows what that is yet ;)
Idk I'm lowkey depressed bc slide up got so many more reads than this but to me I worked much harder on this one so oof but it's okay I know it takes time :/

Thanks for reading, and if you liked this chapter I'd appreciate a vote, comment, or even a share if you really liked it :)

As always, happy reading :)

사랑해
-라나