Room Mate

Parker's P.O.V.

I got back from work and changed. "You're in a good mood for someone wearing their emergency clothes and glasses," Matt spoke up from the couch. "There's a new senior editor at work," I said smiling. "Do you have a crush already," Matt asked. "No, not really. He's just really sweet and funny. You would like him he's a Mets fan," I pointed out. "A man of great taste," Matt complimented. "I strongly disagree, but I digress," I replied walking to my room. I changed and got a text from Jen.

Hey! I have two extra tickets for the Yankees and Blue Jay game tomorrow after work since I'm writing the article on it. Wanna come you get a plus one?

Oh hell yes! Let me ask Matt real quick.

I walked out after throwing my jacket on my bed. "Hey Matt, wanna be my plus one to the Yankee game tomorrow. It's a later game," I coerced. "Are they playing the Mets," he asked. "No," I replied. "Sorry kid. It's a no from me," he replied. I pouted. "Invite the Doctor, or Jack, or Jodie," he offered. "Jodie's in Cardiff by now with Jack and the Doctor doesn't understand baseball. Neither does Jack," I pointed out. "Then ask new senior editor guy," Matt suggested. "I just might," I replied walking back to my room. I shot Tom a text and waited.

Hey, it's Parker! Jen from sports texted me that she had two extra tickets to the Yankees and Blue Jay game tomorrow. Would you want to come with us? Department bonding?

I walked to the washing machine after changing into sweat pants and threw my Coca- Cola clothes in for a load. I heard my ringer go off and looked to see it was Tom. I smiled as I read the response.

Sure! Can't wait to test how much you actually know about baseball.

I texted Jen that I was actually going to bring Tom because Matt is being annoying. She gave the A okay and I went to shower. I changed in the bathroom and threw anti frizz in my hair before walking out. "So what did work guy say," Matt asked as I walked out. "Tom, said he will be joining us for the game," I said smiling. Matt chuckled, "Have fun. If he hurts you I'll kill him though." "If he hurts me I'm leaving him on raxocoricofallapatorious," I stated. Matt shook his head smiling. "I'm proud," he said ruffling my hair. I fixed it and walked to my room. I texted back and forth with Tom until I crashed.

I got ready for work and got a call from the Doctor. "Hey what's up," I asked looking at my contacts box. Only one set of overnights left. Ok glasses at work and contacts at the game? "Park where's the nanogenes," he asked. "Uh infirmary second cupboard from the window," I rattled off. I threw on a black tee shirt and my nice high waisted jeans. I pulled on a cardigan for work and grabbed a folder. "Thank's mate. Good luck at work," he said. "No problem. Good luck with whatever you need the nanogenes for," I stated and we said goodbye. I grabbed my glasses and drove off. I stopped for a lemonade at Starbucks and made my way to work. I set up at my desk and started editing the lacrosse games pieces.

"Morning Park," Thomas said walking in. "Hey Tommy," I said looking up a bit to wave. I looked back down and took a sip from the lemonade as I worked through the article. "You went to a coffee shop and got lemonade," he asked. "I don't like coffee, and they have good lemonade," I said looking up. "You can make lemonade for free at home. Even tea makes more sense," he teased. "I don't like tea either," I replied. "You have to like one of them," he teased. "I like coffee ice cream," I said. "Then why don't you like coffee," he asked laughing. "Coffee ice cream is sweeter than all coffee I've tried. Besides it's more sentimental than actually tastes good," I argued.

"Sentimental? Now you have to explain," he replied. "When I was a kid to stay awake on New Years my dad would get each of us a tub of coffee ice cream that we had to finish before my mom got home and then we'd watch the ball drop," I shared. "That's adorable," he replied. "Don't tell me you didn't have any of those special traditions growing up that make sense to literally no one else," I countered. "I do actually. My brothers and I play A Christmas Story on repeat all day on Christmas even though none of us have cable. We used to watch it waiting for our mom to come back from graveyard shifts Christmas morning," he explained. "That's a great movie," I pointed out. "I can quote the whole movie verbatim," he said as if he wanted to punch himself but in the joking way. I smiled and looked back down to the article, "That's sweet." I ordered chinese for lunch and ate in. Tom came back with some fast food. "You can stay out for lunch I just come back because if I take a break-break I'll stop, like, functioning," I explained. "I used to do this anyways. Old habits die hard," he brushed off. I nodded and read through the articles.