Sting

Parker's P.O.V.

"Where are we," Gwen asked. "On a beach," I said vaguely. Owen looked confused. "The Doctor is horrible at keeping records and journals so they all just stay in his head. Except this," I pulled out a small leather bound journal. "He has to write them out or he'll go insane," I noted as I tossed it to Jodie and she wasn't ready so I kept it floating in the air. She took it hesitantly and I started turning on the TARDIS's cloaking device as she read the entry of how the transmission cut out before he could tell her he loved her. I grabbed the wristlets and handed them out. "He'll most likely be here, or on the ship pretending to be drunk with madame de Pompadour," I pointed out.

We turned ourselves invisible and walked out. I had lined them along the rocks and we watched a past Rose. It was before his adventures with Donna. The hologram started up. I caught a crystalline figure move. I moved around and made my way behind him knowing it was the Doctor. Rose walked away and I ran wrapping my arms around him, sure to cover his mouth first. I felt Tommy grab my jacket and suddenly the scenery changed. The cloaking devices powered off and I looked to see the Doctor had taken us to Brooklyn. We were inside an abandoned building. "What the hell were you thinking? Did you even watch the warning Rose sent you," I demanded. "What were you thinking jumping out with her right there," he asked. "In case you haven't noticed you're a bit of a flight risk," I fumed. "Then let me go," he said. "What the hell has gotten into you," I demanded, "Should companion be changed to babysitter because when ever you're alone you go off and do dumb shit like this? She's recreating your adventures to lure you out so we can get you back to your proper universe. He's human Doctor. They're risking their lives so you don't get stuck here!" "Parker there's nothing left for me there," he replied. What about Jack or me? I'm not arguing with you. I'm here because Jack asked for my help. You either come with us the easy way, or I will knock you unconscious and drag your ass back," I fumed.

"You need to talk to someone first," he said. I furrowed my brows confused. "You're apartment across the street. The you from this universe is in California. It's just Matt," he said. My stomach flipped. "No we're here to bring you back," I said. "I'm not going back until you speak with him," the Doctor pressed. "No no negotiations," I pressed. "Park I'll watch him," Tommy cut in. I sighed in defeat before nodding. I walked over and hit the buzzer. "Hey who is it," Matt's voice asked. I managed to keep my composure. "Hey it Park. Surprise," I said. "Oh my god Parker! Come up," he said excited. I made my way in and up to the apartment. The door flung open and he hugged me. I hugged back. "Hey what bring you around," he asked letting go. "I was in the neighborhood for a writing thing. I just wanted to see how you were," I said. "I'm great. I miss the shit out of you, but I did get recruited as the psychologist for the Mets," he said excitedly. "No fucking way! I'm so proud of you," I said hugging him again. I quickly blinked back the tears.

"You okay," he asked as we pulled apart. "Yeah it's just been a rough few days. I know I don't say it enough, but you're the best cousin and my best friend. I love you," I said holding myself together. "I love you too kiddo," he said pulling me in for another hug. "I'm sorry I can't stay long. I have to fly back tonight. It was really good to see you," I said after the hug ended. "It was good to see you too," he said. "Goodbye Matt," I said. "Bye Park," he replied. I walked to the stairs and made my way down. I was halfway down when the tears fell. At the door leading outside I wiped my eyes. I walked back across the street. It's not my Matt. I contained myself as I found the boys. "We need to go back to the TARDIS and get home," I said. The Doctor nodded and we teleported back. "You okay," Tommy asked. I nodded and we got to the Torchwood crew as we all got in the TARDIS. I piloted the ship back and dropped off the Torchwood crew. As we landed in my apartment I finally spoke, "You were never going to stay in the other universe were you?" "I'd never leave you and Jack behind," he said.

I nodded, "You wanted me to have closure didn't you," I asked holding the tears back. "I knew you wouldn't get closure in mourning. You're not that kind of person," he added. I just wrapped my arms around him. "You're still an asshole, but thank you," I spoke into his jacket. I pulled back and dried my eyes. "I guess I'll see you next weekend then," I said. He nodded with a small smile. "Fantastic," he said. I took Tommy's hand and we walked out. "I see why he's like a father to you," he said quietly. I nodded. We sat on the couch and I rested my head on his shoulder exhausted. His arms wrapped around me as the world faded away.

I woke up the next morning and texted Jodie to fill her in. We went to work and things were starting to get back into a normal swing. We went back to Tommy's after and I was helping him cook. I laughed as he got flour all over himself. Jen was taking pictures on her phone and I posed with her making a dumb face. "I missed happy Parker," she said. "I did too," I said. "Hey. I'm going to make some calls," I added. They both looked surprised. "I'm okay," I said. They nodded. "We're right here if you need us," Tommy said. "I know," I replied smiling sadly. I walked to the other room and picked up my phone. I dialed my aunt's number and she picked up. "Parker," she asked. I was okay. I answered, "Hi."