The Search

Parker's P.O.V.

I was holding everything at bay. I can't show emotion. I need to approach this objectively. "So where are we," Jodie asked. I looked over at her and noticed her bangs were across her forehead. They don't stay for very long. The time I met her they had been mostly grown out. She also doesn't seem to have much control of her abilities. "The first human colony on Kelper 425b," I recited. "Why," Ianto asked. "The colonization project was actually led by the silence it's a recruitment facility where they were planning to bring us to test us in controlled enviornments. Jack should have only been here for 6 months it was the closest in time I could land in. When we last fought them it was to stop the colony from forming, but we lost," I explained.

I read through the coordinates and the notes the TARDIS had attached to the files on where we are. "How close to the survivors are we," Gwen asked. I pulled up a hologram of the map and twisted it around. "Same floor but there's no real indication where the room is but it's within a 5 mile radius," I explained. "What do you mean 5 mile radius," Owen asked. "The whole colony is about an area of 50 square miles," I replied. "This is the area where the prisoner's of the same day Jack was taken would be kept," I explained. "Is there a way for us to sneak around and ask the other prisoners," Ianto suggested. I looked to the Doctor. "Yeah. I might have something," he replied. He disappeared down a hallway and returned with wristlets. We each put them on and could only see other wristlet wearer's outline. "Ok if we get lost stay invisible and trace your steps back to the TARDIS if you get super lost stay put and release the distress signal to the other wristlets and the Doctor or I will come for you," I explained. "In the wristlet is a hologram of a map you can use to try and get a general direction, but it can only be accessed when the cloaking device is off so be cautious," the Doctor warned.

Ianto went with Gwen, Owen and Jodie paired off, and I went with the Doctor. We sent the Torchwood crew in the two safest directions just to question some of prisoners there. We went in the real direction that Jack would be. It was far more dangerous. He'd be a vital prisoner of war. "Parker I need to warn you. He may have changed," the Doctor started. "I know," I interrupted, "I need to try. I need to know certainly for myself," I pressed. I knew he was giving me that concerned older sibling look.

We reached the corridor and followed one of the member of the silence into the observation room. Jack was in a trance like stated. He sat chained to a wall across from the door. He looked awful. Jack had stubble all across his face and his hair was disheveled. For a man who kept a relatively clean shaved face, it was odd to see. The silence guards went in but took Jack. I had an extra wristlet and the Doctor had another just in case. I went to go grab him and the Doctor held me back. We missed our window and had to follow. When we were in a room alone I confronted the Doctor whisper shouting, "What the hell was that?" "It was not the time," he replied. "We might not get another clear shot like that again. Do you not want to do this? I can do it myself I just need to know what the hell is going on," I asked. "You need to look at this objectively," he pressed. "I am. It only required taking out those two guards and getting the hell out of here," I countered. He gave me a look and I rolled my eyes. "There's almost no way to get him out without killing anything," I countered. The wristlets sent a vibration through my arm. Distress signal. We had to get them. We were the only ones who knew the layout.

We followed the patterns and made it to Gwen and Ianto. I looked over to see a dead member of the silence. "No you didn't," I whispered. "Please tell me you didn't," I begged in a flat tone. "No. ...No? ...Nooo. Why? Why is this my luck. Every time. Literally every-single-time. I told you we should have just grabbed 'em but noooo you had to be a pacifist," I rambled before asking, "It was like life or death right? Like it had seen you or something and you had to kill it or else your life would have been in danger?" "Yes," Gwen said not very confidently. "Sure if life or death meant it passed by and breathed so she shot it is life or death," Ianto remarked. "Fuuuuck," I groaned. I took the sharpie on the necklace around my neck and wrote on my palm silence member killed hid body at 1:45 earth eastern coast time hurry before caught.

Adventures With AtkinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara