Chapter 27 ● Bang Bang

"Alex!" Violet yells. 

All the lights have been turned off so no one can see inside the one window by the door.

"Put the gun down, Nick," I order him with my hands held up as I inch closer.

"Stay where you are you fucking ass!" he yells. "Don Michael says that a job won't go unfinished."

"How much is he paying you? Huh? Five grand? Ten? I'll pay you double."

"He told me you'd say that. Get on the ground!"

"Alex!" Violet's screams get more high pitched.

"Let her go and I'll get on the ground!" I yell back.

"No can do, I have to take her to him. Actually, I'm supposed to take you both, but I'm gonna kill you for the fun of it," Nick hisses.

"You kill me and you die because I owe Michael and my body won't be worth a cent to him."

I walk all the way up to them and Nick pulls Violet even closer, pulls at her hair and clothing.

"I'll fucking shoot her if you don't step the fuck back!" Nick yells.

"I fucking dare you!" I yell back before I headbutt him.

I grab at his hands when he takes a tumble back and push Vi out the way. I manage to take the gun away from him but the gun drops when he begins to hit me with his left fist. Violet start to try to get in between us and I tell her to go for the gun instead. Nick tries to grab her again.

I see Violet bite his hand and he let's go of her, but she isn't quick enough to hold her ground so he pushes her to the bar. I only see her fall to the floor after. I'm throwing punches left and right while he races for the gun. Violet isn't paying attention, doesn't even try to stop him. By the time she notices the gunshot is heard.

Violet's POV

I didn't notice the gun was at my feet and Nick grabbed it before I could, brought it to Alex's stomach then pulled the trigger. The gunshot made my ears buzz right after. 

I yell for Alex when I see Nick smile and put his arms at his sides, dropping the gun.

"You fucking prick, you shot at me!" Alex says and punches Nick with a force I never thought he was capable of having, knocking him out.

"Alex, what the fuck!" I exclaim.

"Blanks. Michael gives those people he pays off blanks." Alex says as he puts the gun in his back pocket. "Vi, we need to leave. I didn't wanna scare you before, but we should leave. Leave the country-"

"What?! No!" I yell and immediately feel too light headed. Little white dots seem to sprinkle where ever I look.

Alex's POV

Violet collapses after she denies my plan, I grab her before her torso can touch the floor, the back of her head was wet. I realize her head hit the edge of the bar. I pull my hand to find it covered in her blood. 

I rush her to the hospital.