Unhealthy Romance, Part 5

Part Five

Daisy had left an hour ago and the coach was outside keeping an eye on the rest of group. I was on my own just staring out the window allowing my hair to fall into my face; I swear I've just changed to miserable lately. My knees where tucking up to my chest with my arms wrapped around them. I was really focusing on anything I was just looking out trying to get my thoughts straight in my head.

Last night's dream just...felt so real? It's like I'm mean to figure something out, something to do with Derry and maybe to do with now, or maybe I just need to get some sleeping pills and go into a mental home.

"Hey, you ok?" My head snapped straight forwards to see Miss Shear take a seat in front of me with her legs still out on the walk way and her upper body shifted so that she could look at me. I weakly nodded adding a smile trying to make it seem more believable though I doubt that I did a good job. "It's freaky huh? But will be out of here in no time."

She gave me a reassuring smile which managed to work on me. Miss Shear was always the type of person who could make you feel better, no matter what your situation is. Actually she's always had this warm, safe, trusting atmosphere, she's never got angry and just seems to always be down to earth yet not really...get what I mean?

"Yeah," I muttered before slowly getting up and pulling my white blouse down over my black jeans. "I think I'll go outside for a few minutes."

"Won't you be cold?" She asked looking at my shoulders. The top I was wearing exposed both my shoulders and then turned into a long sleeved; only two thin straps covered my bra straps and kept the top up.

"It looks pretty warm."

"It does. Sometimes we can't always trust what we see." Miss Shear looked out the window and so did I after getting a message from her words or at least it felt like that but when I looked out the window my eyes landed on Derry. Ok now it's almost like the dream REALLY was about finding something out about Derry, unless I'm getting this all wrong.

"Wh..." I cut off as I turned to look to where Miss Shear was only to see that she had already left leaving me alone once again in the bus. I sighed as I looked one last time out the window to Derry before crossing my arms over my chest and replaying Miss Shear's words in my head.

'Can't always trust what we see'

Wait! Why would Miss Shear say that? Ok this is getting way outta hand but one thing's for sure, I need to find out about Derry it's just too in my face to ignore it, he's hiding something and the second thing which really also seems in my face is that he wants to tell me something...or warn me? I know I'm sounding like a crazy person but I just need to know what that dream meant if it even meant anything!

Wouldn't you?

I made my way out of the bus and outside to feel a cool breeze hit my face and push my hair back. Slowly I began to walk forwards looking at the over grown crops but not enjoying the fact that I still felt like I was in the dark and the feeling of something bad to come. I took in a deep breath of the air before slowly resting against a thin withered tree and smiling at the amazing view in front of me trying to push everything else aside.

Luke walked over to my side tucking his hands into the side pockets of his blue jeans and also looking out into the distant.

"I swear half the guys of this bus need to get a life." I turned to look at Luke with a grin and allowing my arms to fall down to my sides.

"Why is that?" I asked pretending to be intrigued and allowing a small chuckle to escape my lips.

"You're kidding me right?" Luke asked facing me before turning around and folding his arms across his chest as he showed me his example. "See for yourself."