Chapter 2

Ashton

"What if she will divorce you? Kaya mo?" Andre asked crossing his arms.

He was my best buddy. And he knows what is happening between me and my wife.

"I really don't know. I still love her fucking much but the jealousy inside me is... fuck!" gulong-gulo na ko.

"I know. Ako rin naman kung niloko, baka mabaliw na din ako"

"Are you saying I'm crazy?" I glared at him.

"Engineer Romano, sayo mismo nanggaling yan" and then he laugh.

Suddenly there's no noise.

"Pero hindi ko talaga matanggap na si Irene? Lolokohin ka? Iba bro, matindi" sabi niya at ngumiwi.

"I know. I saw it with my own eyes" sabi ko habang nakatingin sa labas.

"If you really love her and she's willing to start all over again, I think you ah.. may give her a chance?"

Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata.

"No, don't get the wrong idea!" he said with hand gestures.

"Hindi ko siya kinakampihan. I know how important Irene is to you. Binago ka niya. Wala na yung dating ikaw na gago kaya ang akin lang, why not give her a chance? Fix your marriage" tuloy niya.

"I still can't forgive her. After she denies it for how many times? I want her to beg, to accept her mistakes. That's when I can give her another chance. Mahirap ba yon?"

"Decision is yours. Ang akin lang parang yung binuo mong napakagandang bahay, ginigiba mo ulit." Andre shrugged his shoulders.

Biglang tumunog ang phone ko. Nasa table yon katabi ni Andre.

"Looks like your wife misses you" pang-asar niya.

He immediately throws it to me. This asshole! What if nahulog at di ko na nasagot ang tawag ni Irene.

"Ashton hanggang kailan ka dyan sa office?" she asked.

Oh how I love her angelic voice. I really miss her. I never had the chance to hug her and kiss her everyday after what she did.

Pero hindi rin mawala sa isip ko ang pictures nila ng lalake niya. Forehead kisses, hugging each other, may picture din si Irene na nakahawak sa kamay ng lalake.

I'm not dumb para hindi ko yon ipacheck but it surprised me when they told me it wasn't forge. Pinacheck ko pa sa iba pero pareho din ang sinabi.

When I looked through my mail that same day, someone sent an address.

MGSon Hotel

I saw them entering in that very expensive place. She's very happy. Irene is laughing too. I barely see her like that with me. I examined her and she's wearing a new trench coat and a designer bag.

The man is filthy rich.

Napalunok ako. Is that the reason why she's cheating on me? Hindi ko ba naibibigay lahat ng gusto niya?

One thing had caught my attention. My eyes stayed there for a long time and it really broke my heart into pieces.

She is not wearing our wedding ring. That made my jaw clenched.

"Let's go. Head to my bar"

"Yes sir"

That time, I know I lost her already.

"Ashton are you still there, hello?" I came back to my senses.

"Ah yeah.. Why, what do you need?" I ask her coldly.

"Anong oras ka matatapos diyan?" tanong niya.

"Lalabas ka?" a lot of thoughts are now running in my mind.

"No. Gusto sana kitang makausap" mahinahon niyang sabi.

"I'll be home at 8. So probably I'll be there half an hour" a short reply from me. Dapat puputulin ko na ang linya ng magsalita siya.

"Ashton you're mistaken, wala ako sa bahay. I want you to meet me dito sa office ni Rylie"

"Why?" suddenly there's a lump in my throat. Bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko nang sabihin niyang kikitain ko siya don.

"Ashton, you know exactly why I'm here. I'll end this call already. See you at the law firm. Drive safe okay, I love you" and with that she ended the call.

"What's that look in your face?" tanong ni Andre.

"Bro I think you're right" sabi ko na ako lang ang nakakarinig.

"What? I can't really hear you from here" reklamo niya.

"Ash ano bang binubulong mo diyan"
he took long strands towards me.

My knuckles turned white and the atmosphere suddenly became heavy.
I turned to him and break the news.

"She's now filing for a divorce"