Chapter 6

Irene

"Rio, next time huwag mo nang gagawin yon" I warned him.

We are at one of our hotels now. Pagkatapos ng nangyare, dumiretso kami dito.

"I can't see you being hurt Mads. Buti na lang pala napadaan ako don" he sighed.

"Yeah about that, why are you here? Wait! Did you follow me?" pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata. I'm just trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled.

"Actually when I texted you that I have a business to handle, it's here in the Phil. I think 5 blocks from the MGson" he answered.

"Oh okay. Again, thank you for saving me and please don't risk yourself again just for me" pag-ulit ko. For how many times already.

"Mads it's just a piece of stone. It's not even a gun or bomb" He joked.

Pinaningkitan ko na lang siya ng mata. He's so stubborn.

"Hey don't do that. Mas lalo akong nahuhulog sayo"

Nagulat ako. Not that this is the first time he speaks about what he feels for me but it just that I'm not used to it. Hindi ko alam kung nadulas siya o talagang gusto niyang sabihin yon.

Napahawak siya bigla sa kamay ko.

"Madisson I'm still hoping you will give me the chance to win your heart" he said with dreamy eyes.

I think this time,

Yes. I want to give him a chance. He is a very good man.

"Want a dinner with me this Saturday?"

Ashton

I'm in my car heading to my parent's house for lunch when a group of people is making a scene infront of the recently destroyed hotel.

My driver is slowing down just to take a peep of what's happening.

"Can you please drive faster. I don't want to be late"

"Everyone! All eyes here please. I am begging you all to please hear me"

That voice. I know it's her.

"Stop the car" I demanded.

Hinanap ko kung saan galing ang boses na yon and I can say it was from a woman of a high class.
That's not Irene. Ibang-iba siya.

I can't totally see her face because someone's talking to her. Oh, is that Christian Renov? With her wife.

"In behalf of the MGson, I am here to speak" she expertly said.

I froze when I clearly saw who it was. I was so so shocked!

I can say shock is an understatement.

"We are very sorry for your loss. It is difficult to accept, I know. MGson was also grieving for the lives of our employees..."

I saw two cars coming and I know it was the media reporters. They didn't park their car well and ended up infront of my Mustang. Good job info suckers!

Thank God my car is tinted. Hindi nila makikitang nandito ako. I don't want to deal with them too.

Agad silang lumabas. They're taking a lot of pictures.

The ever beautiful Irene was distracted for a bit but immediately came back to her trance.

"Actually, we check the hotel annually. Kung may kailangan palitan, we already did. I requested someone to check why the hotel suddenly fall apart. However, if we are really at fault, I assure you we will be responsible of the damage. Thank you and good day" she perfectly delivered her words.

That was wow. Saan na yung teacher na mahinahon magsalita noon?

Hindi pa ako umalis. I am looking at her intently. She's changed. In a very good way.

She has a long brown hair that rightfully ended below her shoulders. Her skin amazingly attracts everyone and with that body, it's a killer.

I deeply breathed. Why am I doing this? Why am I checking her out. 

"Mga Renov!" sigaw ng isang lalake.

That man is crazy! Babatuhin niya na ng bato ang may-ari ng hotel. Nah boy, that is not a good idea.

My heart literally speed up. Irene is crazy! Shielding them and letting herself hurt?

It was so fast that I nearly find myself opening the car and save her. But then, I saw someone covering her.

I stopped. What am I doing?

I realized it's not my priority to protect her already. It was over years ago. We are really over.

When she recognized the man, she hugged him. Maybe a new boyfriend? A husband? or

a new toy?

I sadly laugh.

But then why am I here. It's not right to think of her. It is so unfair especially because

I already moved on. I'm already in love with someone else.

#