Chapter 18

Ashton

"I'm sorry Emily but I want to break up with you. I've been thinking about this for weeks now"

The smile on her face vanished "W-what do you mean? Ashton is this the reason why you wanted to see me?" natawa siya bigla "If this is a joke, you must stop it now. Kagagaling ko lang ng Tagaytay, pagod ako ngayon"

I unconsciously play the lid of my coffee's cup "I am not joking. This is all real. But I want you to know that you don't have any fault here. You're such a great partner but.. unfortunately we can't really be together"

"You're seeing someone" it wasn't even a question. It was a statement.

"Yes.. but it's my wife. I'm so sorry Emily" bakas ang pagkalito sa kanya.

"Wife? You mean your ex-wife" she is not even bothered.

Lumapit siya sa akin at hinawakan ang kamay ko "She cheated on you right? Why do you want to take her back this time?"

"We are still married" I informed her.

I saw how her face paled but she immediately brushed it off. "Edi mag-file ng divorce ulit. I can do that for you" she carressed the top of my hand.

I'm sorry but I don't want that to happen.

"Not just that. I am a father now" nginitian ko siya, a genuine one "We have a son"

"I can be her mother, you know. Trust me babe.." hinawakan niya ako sa mukha. I don't want her doing this. I don't want when someone is so touchy.

But there's one person who can only do all of those to me. It's my Irene. It's the woman I love. Sounds corny but it's true.

"I will accept him wholeheartedly. I love kids! You know that" she assured me and tighten her hold in my hand.

I think she deserves to know what is really my main reason is "I love her"

Her hold loosen up. I think it shocked her. But she must know the real reason why I want to break up with her. Hindi ito tama.

"When you came into my life, that time I thought I moved on. And when we started dating, I told myself that it was really over now. What I had with her at the past is over"

I don't want her to feel bad about this but I need to tell her the truth. No filters at all. "Until she came back, with my son. I realized I still love her.. so much. I'm sorry Emily. It's not really my intention to get you hurt"

"Did you love me?" mahina niyang sabi na agad ko namang sinagot.

"I do like you. To be honest there's a lot of things that I like about you" that's my answer to her question.

"Like? So you didn't love me at all" she laughed. Hard.

"Okay" she sighed "Can you atleast give me this time to hug you?" paalam niya sa akin.

Sa lahat ng sinabi ko, ito lang yung sasabihin niya? She wants a hug from me?

But if it will ease her pain, I will give her my warmest hug. Besides, it will serve as a goodbye hug.  

I let her embrace me and returned it by wrapping my arms around her small body.

"I will just go to the ladies room" sabi niya ng matapos niya akong yakapin. Before leaving, she stopped to tell me something "Please don't leave yet. Let's continue what you've started"