Chapter 4

Irene

"Set the meeting with the Italian investor at 3 pm. Tell me the place afterwards and then... kindly call Mr. Zhang that I will have my photoshoot tomorrow already"

"Copy that, Miss Renov" my ever attentive assistant answered.

"Miss, why are you going there? That's for the employees" I turned to face her and she stopped.

"Nikki, I need to check everything about my company. Come on we are going this way" nag-umpisa na naman akong maglakad.

She pressed the elevator's button and we let ourselves in.

"Can you move the appointment with Helena? Is it possible for them to meet me earlier Nikki?"

"I will see miss. But may I ask why? What's the sudden change" she wriggled her brows.

Natawa na lang ako sa ginawa niya. Nikki is being Nikki again. That's why in a span of short time, we clicked. Kahit na assistant ko siya, I treat her as a friend. She's nice and pleasing to all.

"Eager to find out? Guess where" sabi ko.

"Maybe a date with Rio?" she teased.

"I told you we are not together. Sorry to tell you but there is no hope for Madi and Rio" I rolled my eyes.

"There is no Madi and Rio yet! I know that you will give in sooner or later miss. Hashtag MaRio for the win!" sabi niya ng may kislap sa mata.

Tinawanan ko na lang siya.

The elevator opened. Others are shocked that I used their way up. Naglakad na ko sa lobby at sinuklian ang kanilang mga bati at ngiti. It was tiring doing that every single day but I can't be rude to them.

"One last thing Nikki, the elevator needs cleaning. Change the buttons too. Masyado ng luma. I want it done as fast as they can, okay?" I demanded.

"Sure miss" sabi niya at sinulat sa kanyang pad.

I said thank you and we part ways after.

Time for familyyy!

"Thank God you're here! Anton is looking for you. He's been crying for like 10 minutes and I really don't know what to do. You know, that's why..." Grayson keeps on blabbering.

"That's why you don't want to have children yet. You keep on saying that kuya" tinapos ko na para sa kanya.

Tumawa kaming dalawa and we give each other a warm hug. He is my brother, 2 years older than me.

"Mommy!" My little Anton run to me and of course with mom and dad behind.

Binigay ko ang bag sa kapatid ko at agad naman nitong kinuha. I hugged my son and showered kisses to his face.

Binuhat ko siya at agad niyang inilagay ang kamay niya sa leeg ko.

"Miss you mommy" sabi niya agad.

"Uncle Grayson is bad. No chocolate" bulong niya sa'kin.

Nagtawanan kaming lahat dahil sa sinabi niya. Umupo kaming lahat sa receiving area dala na rin siguro ng pagod.

"Hey Antonius! That's what your mom told me"

"Bakit di ka pumunta sa'min, me and your grandpa can give you lots of sweets in our room" sabat ni mommy.