Have I Ever Lied To You?

-Peter's P.O.V-

Peter woke up to restraints on his wrists and ankles. He kept his eyes closed, and breathing even, to make it look like he was still asleep. The room smelled like the rooms HYDRA used to put him in when they wanted to know what made him be the way he was (Although that was a long time ago, and HYDRA now knew all they wanted to about Peter), and he could feel something poking into his arm. An I.V? He wasn't lying flat down, but in a comfortable semi-seated position. He also wasn't in his HYDRA uniform which made him confused, where was he?

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and looked around the room. It wasn't that large, and Peter actually had a window to his left with the curtains pulled away. The door was to his right, locked and closed, and there were a couple chairs on the wall opposite of him next to another door. Most likely a restroom Peter looked at himself to see that there was indeed an I.V in his arm, and he was in vibranium cuffs, so he didn't even try to struggle. Peter saw that he was wearing grey sweatpants, and a plain grey shirt. Peter exhaled slowly through his nose, and tried to remember what happened.

"The traitor is here. If you see it, kill him."

"I- James? How- Why-"

"I knew him. He recognized me, how do I know him?"

"Ready to comply."

"Peter listen, this isn't you!"

Peter pursed his lips as most of it came back to him. So he was at the Avengers Compound. Not with HYDRA. That... that answered questions, but made a few more appear. What were they, the Avengers, going to do with him? Were they going to use him for information? Were they going to send him to prison? Both seemed plausible, I mean, Peter had tried to kill them. But...

James was here too.

That threw Peter off. If James was here, wouldn't that mean it was okay to be here? That it was safe? Peter couldn't believe that. It was just too unbelievable that Peter was suddenly safe. That he could actually feel something other than numbness. It was too sudden. Peter couldn't believe, or maybe he didn't want to believe it.

Peter's head shot up when the door opened. He tensed, and looked down at his blanket with a blank face. "Hey, Kid," The person said. James.

With an emotion Peter didn't know the name of he quickly looked up, but immediately looked down again when he saw that James wasn't his only visitor.

Two other people were with him. One was the blond, Captain America Peter remembered faintly, that he had fought earlier, and the other was short and dressed in a white lab coat that reminded Peter of bad things.

"Peter, do you remember me?" James asked softly as he sat down in one of the chairs.

Peter did, in fact, remember James. He also remembered who they would talk the few times they were alone.

"We can't talk if there are others, alright Pete?" James had said.

"Why not?" A young, horribly innocent Peter asked.

"These jerks would be jealous that we can actually communicate like a human being. Then they'd get mad."

Of course, now Peter knew that James was just trying to make him laugh. HYDRA didn't want either of their 'assets' to be communicating. When they had found out James and Peter had grown close, they had wiped them both, and made sure they never saw each other again.

Subconsciously, Peter knew that the Avengers probably weren't like that, but ten years didn't go away just like that. So Peter stayed silent. Looking at the light blanket covering his legs, and tapped his finger three long times.