That's Not Me

-Peter's P.O.V-

Peter knew it was time to go back inside when he starts to shiver. It's reaching the end of September, but since they're so high up, and the sun was starting to set, Peter can feel the more than slight cold. Peter never held back shivering, and stopped trying when he realized HYDRA never actually cared if he was.

It was always dangerous for Peter if he got to cold. When he was nine, he'd made the mistake of surrendering to the drowsiness of the cold, and entered hibernation-like state. Long story short, HYDRA had not been happy when they managed to wake him up again at all.

Natasha must have noticed the slight shivering, as she gave a slightly forced, but gentle smile. "Come on," She softly murmurs, "Let's go inside, and get you something warm."

Peter hesitates, but gets up anyways. He just wants to go to bed and stare at the ceiling until he enters a sleep like state. Peter knew if he went downstairs, he'd have to talk to everyone, or at least deal with guilty glances, and awkward conversation topics.

That was the last thing Peter wanted to go through right now.

"Can I just... Can I just go to bed?" Peter asked weakly. The day had been emotionally and mentally draining, and Peter was way too detached to handle what was supposed to be a deep conversation.

He was looking at the ground, but out of the corner of his eye he could see the slightly strained look on Natasha's face, "Of course, Маленький паук."

Peter doesn't know how to answer that, so he doesn't. He stands up, book in hand, and walks to the door leading back inside. Natasha follows him silently, looking back outside before shutting the door and following him into the elevator.

Peter keeps his eyes on the too white floor, and is about to step out of the elevator, but Natasha clears her throat to catch his attention. Peter slowly turns to look at the red head, her face soft, and worried. "We care about you, Peter. And we want you to feel safe and familiar here. Will you join us for breakfast tomorrow?"

Peter shrugs, turning his eyes back to the floor, and hugging himself, "I don't know. I guess."

"Sweet dreams, Маленький паук," Natasha whispers, and softly pecks him on the forehead before stepping back.

Peter blinked, hurriedly turning so the woman wouldn't see the tears lining his eyelids, and threatening to spill over. He shuffles to his room, barely taking his shoes off before he collapses onto his bed. He doesn't bother pulling the blanket up, opting to just stare at the wall, letting his mind numb further. A few of tears slip down his cheeks, but nothing else falls.

It takes a few hours for Peter to fall asleep, but eventually his eyes close, and his breath evens out to signal him being asleep.

"No, please!" Wolf Spider's prey pleads. It's struggling in the ten year old's grip, but because of the ropes tying him to a chair, and the knife the Spider is holding against his neck, his struggles don't do much. The spider is crouched on the top of the chair behind the Prey,

"I'll ask you one more time, and you better give me the answer I want," The HYDRA interrogator growls, leaning threateningly over the metal table, "Where are the codes."

"I don't- I don't know!" The prey cries out. The interrogator looks the Wolf Spider. The Spider shakes his head to signal the man being untruthful, and presses the knife a bit harder, drawing blood. "You have one more chance to tell the truth. Where. Are. They?"

The man lets out a whimper, but otherwise stays silent. His eyes are wide, and the Spider looks at the HYDRA official for orders. He knows that since the Prey didn't comply he was supposed to make this slow. He also feels something stir in his gut, but he pushes it down so he can focus on it later.