He Screamed

-Peter's P.O.V-

Peter opened his eyes to darkness. He blinked them rapidly, trying to blink away the darkness, but it didn't work. Panic started to uncurl in his stomach, but it paused when he noticed he wasn't lying on a hard, cold wall or floor. The ground felt like water. As if he was just floating in a vast darkness of water with no end.

Peter shifted, surprised when he didn't actually sink. The water somehow felt solid even if it rippled when he moved. He felt a bit dizzy when he started to slowly stand, expecting to sink into the dark depth, but not doing so.

"Hello?" Peter called out. His voice just echoed around him, getting farther and farther away from him before he couldn't hear it anymore even with his enhanced hearing. Peter took a hesitant step, and started walking in a random direction when he didn't randomly sink into the water.

"Is anyone here?" Peter tried again. This time focusing his hearing for anything that his voice could bounce off of. He exhaled sharply when his voice just carried until he couldn't hear it anymore.

He kept walking in the vein attempt that he'd come across something helpful, his hearing open to anything that could help him get out of this place.

Peter jumped when he heard a whisper seeming to surround him. "Hello?" He yelled, looking around rapidly, and spinning to try and find where the voice was originating from.

'Peter...'

'Hold him down!'

'My precious baby...'

'Get him out of my sight!'

'Your name is Wolf Spider-'

'You know what happens when you fail-'

'Peter-'

'Peter-'

'Peter-'

The voices seemed to grow louder and louder as they enveloped him, and made his breathing quicken. The world seemed to spin, as he kept looking around with wide, fear filled eyes. He dropped to his knees, ripples flowing around him, and covered his ears and squeezed his eyes shut. "Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up-" Peter whispered over and over again.

Suddenly, all the voices stopped. The only thing Peter could hear, being his panting breaths. He opened his eyes, snapping his head up when he saw someone standing there. "James?" He croaked out, shocked at finally seeing something else other than nothing.

"Peter," The older man said, "What have you done?"

Peter made a wounded and confused noise in the back of his throat, "What...?"

"What have you done?" James repeated. Peter blinked, and choked when he opened his eyes again. James was bloody, and bruised. There was a knife right in his heart, and his skin was pale.

"No, no, no, this wasn't me. James I promise-" Peter gasped when something cold grabbed onto his legs. He looked down, and almost gasped when he saw what had grabbed him. Half a dozen black, pitch black hands that had erupted out of the watery floor had grabbed him. More popped out from around him, and started to grab at his arms. He tried to fight them off, but only succeeded at falling onto his back side, "James- James, help me!"

When Peter looked back up to James he found all of the Avengers as well. All of them were in similar shape as James, some with a bullet wound in their forehead, sliced necks, or multiple harpoons sticking out of their midsections. None of them helped, just standing there, and watching with blank faces.