I Like Him Too

-Peter's P.O.V-

It was a few hours after Pepper had sent Tony to bed, and the woman was now in the kitchen with Peter, who was now reading the Lord of the Flies, making a large breakfast for the team. Steve, Sam, and James had gone out for a morning run, while the others had yet to come to the common room. "Oh, Pepper, I didn't know you were coming back this early," Wanda yawned as she walked in with Vision.

"Yeah, I wanted to be here when Rhodey came back with the others. Plus, I wanted to meet Peter," Pepper explained, smiling towards Peter's at the end of her statement. Peter smiled softly back at her, and nodded a good morning to Wanda and Vision. He had long since realized that someone must of informed Pepper of Peter staying at the tower.

"Do you need any help with that?" Vision asked Pepper, floating over to help her cook. The two chattered some, Pepper, directing Vision on what to do. Wanda went directly to the coffee machine, still not fully awake.

"How'd you sleep?" Wanda asked Peter. Peter just shrugged his shoulder as an answer. He hadn't slept that well, but he wasn't tired, so he didn't count it as a loss. The nightmare he'd had was simply a memory of when he first used his venom, so not the best memory. Wanda frowned slightly at his shrug, "How many hours did you get?"

Peter thought about it for a few seconds, trying to remember, "About three hours."

Wanda hummed, and Peter guessed that she wasn't completely happy about it, but knew it was still an improvement of not sleeping at all.

Natasha walked in next, texting quickly on her phone. She sat down next to Peter, putting her phone away without a comment on what she was doing. "Can you make me a cup of coffee as well, Wanda?" She asked. Wanda nodded, and went to work.

"Good morning, Friends!" A loud voice said. Peter winced, and looked down when he felt the warmth of Fenris' head on his leg. Peter put down the book, realizing that he wouldn't be able to read with everyone waking up, and started to pet the large dog. He had fuzzy memories of asking his parents for a dog before the Mutant testing. They had always refused, saying that dogs were simply to much work.

"He likes you," Loki said, sitting on the other stool next to Peter. "When Thor tries pet him, Fenris isn't nearly as lenient."

Peter's lips twitched up at this. He didn't know how to act around the dark haired god, but Peter did find his sarcasm amusing. "I like him too."

Loki smirked, glancing down to Fenris, before turning to observe the room. Thor was now talking to Wanda about something that involved flying horses. "I am not sure I am the correct person to ask about those," Wanda explained. She looked more awake now that she had caffeine.

"I'm not sure that Earth has Pegasi, Thor," Pepper said. "Why the curiosity?"

"One of my friends, Valkyrie, enjoys Pegasi. I believe that she would feel more comfortable on Earth if she had one by her side," Thor explained.

"Earth isn't home to that much magic," Natasha murmured into her coffee cup.

Peter felt confusion flash through him. He was sure he had been debriefed about some type of magic by HYDRA. He just couldn't remember what. There was something about a Sanctum of some sort, but all of the other details were blurry.

Peter was pulled out of his thoughts by the elevator dinging. "We're back," Steve announced, James and Sam following from behind.

They were walking when Tony paced in, almost pushing Sam over in his hurry, "Sorry, sorry, FRIDAY, what's the ETA on Rhodey?"

"Thirty minutes, Boss," The robotic voice answered.

Tony nodded, although Peter didn't know if FRIDAY could even see him, and walked slightly slower to the coffee machine. "Rhodey?" Peter quietly asked Natasha in Russian.