Okay

-Peter's P.O.V-

Somehow Peter ends up resting his head against Fenris' warm fur. He welcomed the warmth, as it was a bit cold on the roof, and Peter didn't really do well in the cold. He'd heard the scientists talk about it being a downside to his mutation, but he was a bit busy, and the whole memory seemed a bit blurry anyways.

He had a book called A Wrinkle In Time that Loki had made appear. Peter didn't question it, just wordlessly accepted the book, and sat down. Sometime throughout his time reading, Peter had maneuvered so he was laying on his back, and resting on Fenris.

Loki was leaning with his back against the fence where Peter had had his mental breakdown on earlier, flipping through a book written in a language Peter couldn't read. So most likely Asgardian. His face was one of interest as he flipped through the foreign text, and Peter had caught the God glancing at him out of the corner of his eye a couple times already.

Peter let himself get lost in the book he was reading. The sounds of the city a replacement for the music Peter listened to when he read. He was letting himself detach from his emotions after his cry earlier, letting the familiar feeling of numbness flow through his being. The fifteen year old knew that it was only a temporary solution to not bawling his eyes out 24/7, but it would do for know.

He matched his breathing to the animal that laid below him. Sometimes reaching over to scratch behind the dog's ear. The words on the page swam through his mind, making a mental image and serving as a filling distraction from what the cities noise failed to do.

'Calvin tried now politely to direct his words toward Meg as well as Charles Wallace, "When I get this feeling, this compulsion, I always do what it tells me. I can't explain where it comes from or how I get it, and it doesn't happen often. But I obey it. And-"'

Peter's reading was disrupted when Fenris abruptly sat up, making Peter slide off his fur. He sat up next to Fenris, who was now standing on all fours in a way that made Peter think he was protecting him. Peter met Loki's eyes, who was now sitting up with his book face down on the floor. They both turned their attention back to the door, focusing to hear what Fenris was.

Peter closed his eyes and did his best to block out the sounds of the city, and to focus on the door. He heard the elevator ding and focused harder to hear the footsteps that should echo in the small hall that the elevator opened up to.

The footsteps were silent, and careful. Quick but even paced. Natasha then, if Peter knew correctly. No one else had footsteps as light when full of purpose.

His theory was proved to be correct when Natasha slowly opened the door to peek her head out. When she saw that Peter was on the roof she completely stepped out, and ran her eyes over him in what Peter wanted to believe was a protective manner. When she saw Loki, her eyes narrowed slightly, but otherwise her demeanor didn't change.

She cleared her throat, her voice soft as she spoke, "Hi Маленький паук." Peter just blinks at the familiar name that once filled him with warmth. Natasha's eyes flash something to quick for Peter to decipher, but she continues to speak anyways, "You heard us then?"

Loki coughs into his hand then, making all the attention fall onto him, "Peter, this seems like a private conversation. Would you like me to go?"

Does Peter want him to leave? Loki was the one who helped him through a fucking mental breakdown. One of the worst he'd ever had since he was actually allowed to cry. Allowed to talk about what was making him feel the way he felt.

Loki takes Peter's silence as a yes, stands up while snapping his book closed, and dusting himself off. Peter can't bring himself to tell him to stay, and the fifteen year old just hopes the other won't take it to personally. After a soft nudge to Peter's knee, and a look at Natasha, Fenris joined Loki on the God's walk to the door leading to the roof's exit.