Lone Survivor Part 2 (Donkey Kong X Fem!Reader)

Author's Note: Please read Part 1 so you can understand what's going on. Also now, thoughts will also be shown in italics, instead of only quote signs to look like dialogue. Thank you!

The sun shone the next beautiful morn, sunlight beaming through your windows onto your bed. Sleepily, you woke up, rubbed the sleep out of your eyes, and got ready to start the day.

"Maybe I should thank him for those flowers," you thought to yourself.

You couldn't wait to see Donkey Kong again today, as he was a fast friend, and you were glad to have met someone that was so automatically friendly to you. Giggling a bit, you opened the door and went out to find DK.

As you did, DK was also on his way to see you, bringing a banana bunch with him for a breakfast that the two of you could share. However, he couldn't even think about bananas right now, because the only thing on his mind was how nervous he was.

"Why am I so nervous?" DK thought, "I'm not asking her on a date or anything like that! So why???"

Turns out the both of you were lost in thought. So much so that you happened to cross paths. But when I said 'cross paths', I actually meant you two practically crashed into each other.

"Ack! Sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going! Are you o- Oh! Donkey Kong! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" you exclaimed, fumbling with your words.
"O-oh, yeah I'm fine! Are you?"
"Yup! Actually, I was just on my way to see you."
"Really? Uh- I mean- I was on my way to see you, too!" DK replied, as he began to turn red.
You also began to blush.

"I actually brought these so we could share it." Donkey Kong said, pulling the banana bunch out from his back.

Unfortunately, they got smushed when he fell over.

"Aw, man! Well, we probably shouldn't eat these now. No one likes a smushed banana."
"Yeah, haha. Hey, how about we pick some together instead? I was thinking we could make banana bread or something," you suggested.
"Sure! Sounds fun!"

As you walked together to a nearby group of banana trees, you looked up at DK. He noticed you glancing, and quickly looked down, away from your gaze. Something was off today about him. He looked... sad?

"What's wrong, DK?" you asked him.
"Oh, it's nothing, (Y/N). It's just kind of a shame those bananas went to waste."
"Yeah, that's true... Hey, DK?"
"Hm?"
"Do you have anything else troubling you? You can talk to me about anything. I won't judge, I promise."
"Heh... Nah, I'm fine, really. Just tired from the hut-making, probably, haha."

I hope Donkey Kong isn't lying. He doesn't seem like that type of guy, but I hope he's okay. I just...

I just wish he would tell me.