22

"HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT?" I asked as Dante's men opened the front door for Faith, November, Antonia, and me

"HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT?" I asked as Dante's men opened the front door for Faith, November, Antonia, and me. We had just come back from the mall, and we were there because we all needed to get Rosa something for her birthday.

Rosa is currently doing her daily training at the base house, so she won't be back until later in the day. This morning, we all stayed up and when the clock struck twelve, everyone wished her a happy birthday. We sang the traditional song and she looked so embarrassed. For her birthday, I had trouble picking something out. I hoped to cheer her up with my gift. It was hard, Rosa has everything but I gave her something with a meaning to it.

"We just did think it was our place to tell you." Faith said as I rolled my eyes. I walked to the kitchen while holding Antonia's hand with my right hand and Rosa's gift in my left hand. Faith and November followed after.

"You could have easily said 'Hey, Dante is married.'" I stated as some maids greeted us while helping Andrews. We placed the bags in the kitchen as we rested our arms.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm sorry and if Rosa was here, she would be saying the same thing." Faith said as I lifted Antonia into her highchair.

"It's not your fault." I sighed as I poured some dry cheerios into a bowl for Antonia. "It's that lying Chato's fault," I said as she began eating.

"I'm not even going to try to understand what the hell a Chato is," November said, her eyes narrowing.

Look, today is Rosa's birthday so please, do all of us a favor and makeup with your lying Chato." Faith said making me sigh.

"Why should I?" I asked, crossing my arms. I had ever right to be upset with Dante, he lied to me about something so drastic.

"You complain about him too much." Faith said, a sigh escaping her lips. I rolled my eyes, tapping my finger on the kitchen island while millions of thoughts flooded through my mind. "What time is Rosa's dinner?" I asked as I began loading some dishes into the cabinet.

"8," November replied making me nod.

"Miss Torres, you don't have to do that. I will handle it for you," One of the maids said to me. "No, It's fine. I love helping."

"Weirdo," November whispered as she walked out of the kitchen with Faith behind her. I chuckled to myself as I continued putting away dishes.

For the rest of the day, I cleaned, helped the maids brainstorm some meal ideas for the week, I picked out Antonia's outfit for the dinner, and then picked out my outfit. Dante was in town today so he wasn't here to constantly beg for forgiveness.

Which let me have a moment for myself.