20

I LISTENED CAREFULLY to the rain as it created a soothing noise

I LISTENED CAREFULLY to the rain as it created a soothing noise. The opening in the curtains made it so that the moon could be seen from inside, lighting up the bedroom. I turned my head so I could see the clock that hung on the wall.

2 am.

I yawned as I looked at Dante who was just snoring. I slightly smiled as I tightened my arms around his stomach. Lightning flashed through the sky grabbing my attention. Panic rushed through my veins as I placed my head in his neck so I couldn't see the lightning. I could still hear the thunder but with him by my side, I felt okay. He made it seem like everything was going to be okay.

Just then, I heard one of the bedroom doors open and Antonia came walking in with her tiger in her hand. "Papa?" She whispered in her soft voice.

"He's not awake, cariño. Why are you still awake?" I asked.

"I can't sleep." She complained looking at the window. Just then a flash of lightning was present and she ran to the bed, as she began crying.

"Hey, it's okay. You want to sleep with us?" I whispered and she nodded as I picked her up. I wiped her tears away with my hand. "It's okay," I whispered as she rested her head on my chest.

"Goodnight, Mama." She barely whispered making my eyes widen. My heart warmed up as I placed a soft kiss on her forehead. I realized that it didn't matter if I didn't give birth to her, I would still be the one to love her, support her, to be there for her, anything. I would do anything for her.

"Buenas Noches ángel."

The next morning, I woke up quite early

The next morning, I woke up quite early. I fed Antonia, bathed her, and then left her to continue sleeping with Dante. Then I had a shower and went downstairs to make some tea. I walked back upstairs to the room, with a cup of tea and a magazine in my hand.

It was so dark in the room and I didn't want to turn on the lights since Dante was still asleep, so I opened the long curtains that covered one entire wall of the room, only to see there was a door to a balcony with some lounge chairs and a few tables. There was a view of the pool, the downstairs patio area with all the staff, and a gorgeous view of the forest.

I decided to go and lay down on one of the chairs outside on the balcony. As soon as I was outside, I could feel the effects of the wind. It messed up my hair and pushed it in my face. The sun wasn't strong since it was a cloudy day and it looked like it was going to rain later on in the day.

I was outside for about half an hour just enjoying the breeze before Dante came outside, with his glasses and laptop in his hand.

"Good Morning." He mumbled making me look at him. "Morning."

"So you know I have a balcony?" Dante asked as I looked up from my magazine. "I just found out this morning. Although, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't tell me sooner," I mumbled as he bent down and kissed my lips.

"Didn't think you would care," He replied as he sat down in the lounge chair next to me.

"Where's Antonia?" I asked as he opened his laptop before placing his glasses on his face. "She is in her room playing with Rosa." He said making me nod.

"I've been meaning to tell you something." He said as I continued to look at my magazine. "Which is?" I asked as I looked at him.

"The picture is real and the face scanner determined that the girl in the picture is Artura." He whispered as I frowned. "So that must mean that whoever has her is doing terrible things to her-"

"I know, we're going to find her." He promised making me sigh. "Where do you think she could be?"

"I'm betting all my money of the fucking Russians." He murmured. "Why?"

"The Russians and The Spanish Gang were allies. So if the Spanish Gang was defeated, The Spanish gang probably sold her to the Russians." He said, sighing.

"Poor Faith, I can't imagine losing a child," I whispered, sorrow running through my veins. "I can't either," Dante said just as I raised my head and looked at the view.

"It's Rosa's 20th birthday tomorrow. So she demanded we all go out for dinner,"

"Wait really? How come you didn't tell me?" I asked as I hit him in the arm shortly before he started groaning. "Oh I'm sorry, It's my fault that I was focused on finding Faith's missing child and not Rosa's birthday that comes around every year,"

"Whatever." I smiled before bringing my attention back to the magazine. "Guess what day it is."

"No,"

"It is the first day of Spring."

"Why the fuck should I care?" He asked with boredom written on his face. "Spring is the season where the weather gets warmer and the depressing winter is gone. Just look at today, it's so warm for once."

"I still don't give a fuck." He laughed as his phone rang. My eyes scanned all over his face as his dimples began to fade since he wasn't laughing anymore.

"Are you fucking serious?" He asked, his whole mood changing. "Okay, I'll be down there in a moment." He assured as I frowned. I watched as he cut off the phone and got off the lounge chair before placing his laptop on it.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Nothing, Stay here." He assured as he walked back inside the room. I could listen to him, or I could not. I think I'll go with the second option. I slowly finished my tea before setting the cup on the table. I got up from my chair and walked back into the room, before walking out of it and into the hallway.

I smiled at employees as I heard talking from downstairs. I frowned but walked to the stairs and just when I was about to step one foot on the first step, I saw Dante, A woman, Marco, and a few of Dante's men in the foyer.

The woman was brunette with curly hair and tan skin. She was slim and the dress she was wearing, helped show off her curves. She definitely gave off a vibe of classy and rich. She made me feel like I was nothing compared to her. From where I was standing, I could tell you that she was gorgeous. She looked like someone I've met before; I just didn't understand who.

"God, how much I've missed this house." Her female voice entered my ears. She had a strong British accent which I didn't have. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Dante asked anger written all over his face.

"Well, that wasn't a really kind way to ask," She smiled, flipping her hair before she walked closer to him. "I'm serious, Melissa. What are you doing here?"

"Can't a woman just want to see her husband and daughter?"