23

"SERGIO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Rosa asked as she shifted in her seat uncomfortably

"SERGIO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Rosa asked as she shifted in her seat uncomfortably. I pulled my drink up to my lips, leaning back into my seat, trying to at least make it seem as if I was minding my business.

"I'm here to congratulate you, it's your birthday isn't it?" He chuckled to himself while rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Dante narrowed his eyes, giving a death stare to the man who only stared at his sister.

"I think you should go," Rosa said, barely looking him in the eye. I watched as he flexed his jaw, his grip around the flowers tightening. He pulled his head down, while we all waited for his next move.

"No," Sergio suddenly said, as I raised my right eyebrow. He shook his head, a deep chuckle escaping his lips. "No, I'm not leaving. I'm your fucking boyfriend, don't you think I deserve to be with you?"

"Boyfriend?" Dante asked as he looked at Rosa who only just avoided his gaze.

"Boyfriend?" He asked again this time a little louder. He was becoming tense, you could tell from a mile away. I reached over and rested my hand on my thigh instantly seeing the effect I had on him. "Not here, please,"

"What do you mean not here? This is a perfect time." He said, running his hand through his dark hair. "No, it's not, this is her birthday dinner. You know the time is just not right." I mumbled, with pleading eyes.

"My sorella has a boyfriend, and she didn't fucking tell me. Was I the only one that didn't know?" He yelled as he looked at Sergio than Rosa, grabbing the attention of the restaurant.

"Marco and Gio know," Rosa answered as Dante just clenched his jaw. "Dante, I don't understand why you're making such a big deal about this," I asked.

"You want to know why I'm making a big deal? Because she's gonna get hurt again. Sergio is going to fuck her over just like Mariano did." Dante argued as Rosa gave him a bitter look, tears threatening to flow from her eyes.

Who's Mariano?

"How dare you bring up that asshole after every- fucking - thing that happened. I am a grown-ass woman and if you can't handle that your baby-sister has grown the fuck up, then that's your problem." She yelled, standing up as a tear fell down her eye. She slammed the napkin on the table and walked out, and soon Sergio followed.

Silence overtook the restaurant as Dante pinched the bridge of his nose before looking at me. I shook my head sending him a message. That was wrong, completely wrong.

With the birthday girl gone, we all decided to go home. We all took the same cars we used to drive here, to drive back to the house. I was beyond angry yet disappointed. Dante couldn't see that Rosa was happy with Sergio, despite what happened in the past.