Syrra

Sorry this took me so long guys, every time I was about to start writing, Syrra and Taylor tied again so I've been waiting for one to get ahead more than just a few votes and then I was camping in the middle of nowhere for like two weeks XP I love Utah but I can't stand the weather tbh (it was 109 degrees F for half the time I was there)

lolsa anyway Here is a DOUBLE UPDATE for you guys as an apology :)

********

"This doesn't make any sense."

I peer at my mate with furrowed brows. "You're kidding right?"

He makes a face at me. "What?"

"You're holding it upside down."

He squints at it then flips it over. "Oh. Yeah this makes a lot more sense."

I roll my eyes and turn back to the maps on the wall. "Why are you reading that? Do you even know what a chimera is?" I ask.

"Well no but I wanted to practice my Latin and this was the first thing in Latin that I found on your bookshelf."

I turn around and tilt my head sharply. "Kaine that's not in Latin."

"What?"

"That's Greek."

He frowns at it. "Really?"

"Gods, you can't possibly be Queen Zari's son," I tease, shaking my head in amusement.

"You know maybe I should just stick with listening to you read," he chuckles, tossing the book on the table beside the bed.

"I don't think I'll be able to teach you much considering you clearly didn't learn anything from your mother," I grin.

"Yeah well she's not a very fun teacher, she once threw a book at me in the middle of one of her little language lessons."

I raise my eyebrow. "And what were you doing?"

"That's not important," he shrugs making me laugh.

"Seriously Kaine what were you doing that made your mother throw a book at you?"

"I drew a dick on the desk."

"Wow." I turn back to the map, shaking my head. "I'm so proud of my mate," I mutter.

"Hey I was thirteen, and the stuff I did wasn't nearly as stupid as what my brother did when he was that age," he defends.

I roll my eyes. "You're gonna have to tell me those stories sometime but I really need to finish this right now so you need to shush for a bit."

Kaine walks up beside me a few moments later. "What are you doing anyway?"

"Plotting our constellations on this map of stars," I explain as I skim through my book.

"Why?"

"We don't have the same constellations as everyone else so we have to make our own. And there are different constellations as the seasons change so I'm making one for winter."

His arms slide around my waist and he rests his chin on my shoulder. "Can't you take a break? You've been working on this since we got here."

"I would have been finished more than an hour ago if you didn't keep distracting me."

"But I'm bored," he moans obnoxiously.

"You're so impatient," I chuckle. "I need to finish this so just go to bed and I'll join you once it's done, okay?"