Ash

Lol guess who finished this chapter like a week ago and kept getting distracted o.O

I think school is actually making me go insane....

Anyway this might be crap but I'm hoping it's not :P

******

"Stop it!" I hiss, pushing him away.

"I don't think you really mean that," he chuckles and pins my wrists above my head before kissing me hard.

"We can't do this now, not with your family down the hall," I murmur.

He smirks at me then leans forward. "If they don't want to hear they'll go somewhere else," he growls in my ear.

His lips brush against my jaw and I close my eyes, letting my mind go blank. His fingers run through my hair and he tilts my head to the side. My breath comes out in low moans as he sucks on my neck.

His teeth graze my skin and a pleasant shiver runs down my spine. He shifts his weight and stabbing pain shoots through my thigh.

"Oh my gods," I gasp, my eyes flying open.

Jax releases my hands and drops his head onto my shoulder, growling curses under his breath. "I'm sorry," he murmurs. "Are you okay?"

I nod. "Yeah it's fine," I mumble.

He lets out a sharp hiss of pain as he flops onto his back beside me.

"This is so stupid and impractical," I grit out, gingerly running my hands over the brace on my leg. "If only one of us were hurt it'd be fine."

He sighs. "It would be practical if we were apart all the time, then we would know when the other was hurt and exactly how bad it was but it's kinda pointless when we're always right next to each other," he says.

"Yeah I guess, I just don't understand why we can feel when someone else hurts us and when we hurt ourselves, but not when we hurt each other."

He sighs again, clenching his jaw as he slides to the edge of the bed. "Well mates usually don't hurt each other so it'd be pointless."

I chew on my lip, staring down at my hands. "Right."

He shoves his crutches under his arms and moves to my side of the bed. "Come here," he says.

I frown. "What?"

"Come here," he repeats.

I pull myself up and take a deep breath as I let my leg hang over the edge. It throbs with even the smallest movement.

"Hey, look at me," Jax says softly. "Do you remember the promise you made to me?"

"Of course."

He tilts his head. "Are you sure?"

I nod slowly. "I told you I wouldn't get upset over something I can't control."

"Can you control your nightmares?"

"Well, no but―"

He cuts me off with a growl and a pointed look.

I purse my lips. "Alright fine, I get it," I mumble.

Jax jerks his head toward the door. "Let's go see the witch in woods."

"What? Why?"

"She used to be a healer," he tells me.

"Oh. Why didn't we go to her earlier?"

"I thought Niko would be able to do more, I also thought we would heal faster," he sighs. He starts rummaging through his bags and I frown when he pulls out his sketchbook.