Ash

Sorry guys updates are gonna be super slow for the next two weeks cause I'm taking finals and then I have to do stuff for graduation but after that I will be updating fairly regularly and often :)

Thanks for the patience and support you guys! You're amazing!! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

******

"What do you want with Syrra?" I ask, moving closer to the bars so I can see the woman.

She turns to me with a cold smile that makes my heart pound in my chest. "We have heard rumors that she recently regained the ability to access her full power and we are concerned."

"Oh," I mumble.

She laughs lightly. "We're not evil Ash, we are simply willing to go to great lengths to keep the world safe," she tells me with a wide grin that reveals a pair of long white fangs.

I don't like her, I murmur.

You don't? Jax snorts.

There's something off about her.

What?

I don't know. I just don't like her, I growl in frustration.

You just think she's pretty, don't you? Jax mutters in annoyance.

What! Where did you get that idea? I scoff.

You're a terrible liar.

I growl. Okay fine I think she's pretty but that's not the point! I only recognize fragments of her scent—I can't even distinguish the parts though so she's not a hybrid, it's like she's a completely new species or something.

"Boys it's rude to exclude people from a conversation that concerns them."

My eyes widen as I look back at her. "What?" I manage to get out.

"Let's be respectful please," she growls. Her eyes flare blood red but a moment later they fade to a brilliant teal that seems to glow in the dim light of the prison.

"What are you?" Jaxon demands.

She grins, glancing between the cells. "Be patient your majesty, if you answer my questions then I will answer yours—well, I'll answer what I can anyway," she chuckles.

"Ask," he growls.

She clicks her tongue with a harsh glare. "I thought I told you to be respectful?"

"I'm stuck in a prison right now and I've been separated from my mate for several days so I apologize if my manners are lacking but I'm not exactly in a great mood at the moment," he snarls.

She purses her lips and narrows her eyes at him. "Fine. I want to know if the rumors true? Did Syrra restore her power?"

"Her cousin gave her the cure to the curse. She said it will take a while for her power to fully return."

The woman smiles at my mate. "See that wasn't so hard. Who is her cousin?"

"Her name is Jada," I mutter.

She looks at me in surprise. "Syrra's cousin is the fertility witch?" she asks.

"She can do a lot more than that. She's the reason Syrra lost her power in the first place," Jaxon says.

"Do you think she is more powerful than Syrra then?"

"I'm not entirely sure how that kind of power works so I don't know. I'm a dragon, not a witch, I don't know that much about magic."