1 - Meet Knox Taylor

Yay! My second book! If you're into werewolves and romance, you should check out my other book His Mate:)

Picture of Katarina above😍 (she has green eyes, I know they don't look really green now)

Anyways, on with the story:)
xo

|Chapter One|

     "Oh my god! It's Knox Taylor!" Angela squeals.

     "Knox Taylor? I've never heard of him," I say, a little confused, and a little bored.

     "He's like the dreamiest guy you'll ever see!" she shouts, her excitement bubbling.

     I sigh and do my best to fake a smile. Angela's really into MMA fights and she's dragged me along for this one. It's not that I hate it, I'm just not much of a crowd person and I've never really seen the appeal of watching two people beat the shit out of each other. This fight is out of state too, so I'll fly back to New York after everything's done. I originally came to Cali for just a leisure vacation, but Angie has other plans.

     Angie takes the time to quickly educate me on Knox Taylor since I'm completely lost. Apparently this Knox guy takes everyone out with KOs. He's never lost either. I have to admit, never being defeated by someone is an impressive record. My thoughts are interrupted when Angela shouts in my ear.

     "Here he comes!" she squeals.

     I look to where everyone else is pointing and craning their heads to see. The arena is packed like damn sardines and the people are loud as hell. I feel like a goddamn pinball with all of these people pushing and getting crazier by the second. Something's happening, but I can barely make it to a spot where I have some resemblance of a view.

     "These are the prime seats! Maybe he'll give us a wave or something!" Angie fantasizes.

     I scoff and smile at her hopefulness. This guy must be some big shot because I've never seen or heard anything crazier than this arena. I want to check for myself, but I can't see over everyone. I'm only 5'6  and everyone towers over me. I sigh.

     Damn my short height.

     "C'mon Kat! These tickets are fucking amazing. You've gotta enjoy it!" she says.

     I smile at her enthusiasm. I lean on the makeshift fence separating the crowd from the fighters. Angie has no problem as she towers over me by three inches. I look at her and her caramel hair, long legs, curvy figure, and blue eyes. She's always been the one that the guys notice first between us. There was never really any problem because I didn't want the attention. I was good being the plain girl who hung out with Angela. I sigh and push up with my arms on the fence to finally get a glimpse of the guy everyone's raving about.

     Holy. Fucking. Shit.

     Knox Taylor is a sight, whew! He's fucking muscled and has the perfect looks of an Abercrombie and Fitch model. Maybe he's even more good looking than a model. Dark brown hair that almost looks black, tanned skin, probably 6'2 at the least, and piercing blue eyes. Yep, definitely better than a model in my book. His arms are defined with muscle and he has a six pack-wait, maybe eight pack. I can't see from here. I don't like guys who are so ripped they look like they're on steroids, but this guy is fucking perfect. He's meeting all my standards.

     Too bad he's a million levels out of my league.

     "I told you!" Angie squeals, snapping me out of my ogling session.

     "What? I mean, he's okay," I shrug.

     God, Kat, get your act together. I tell myself. I've literally never acted like this with anyone. I freaked out way too much at seeing him. I've never wanted guy attention so what the fuck's so different now?