13 - Love

Here's a new chapter! Sorry it took a bit:/ There's some big stuff that goes on here that I think everyone will be happy with;)

Q: Do you prefer coffee or tea? (I like them both the same honestly. Coffee is what I normally drink because my family does)
xo

|Chapter Thirteen|

     The next morning, I wake all alone, frowning at the lack of heat behind me and an arm draped over my waist. I sit up and look around, but Knox is nowhere to be seen. He must've moved us to his room because I'm not on the couch anymore.

Wow, great way to be waking up to our last day together...well, since I'm here, might as well take a look around. I swings my legs over the edge of the bed, really studying all the awards and medals and belts. He doesn't really have a lot of pictures, but I see one with him and his brothers. Next to it is a newspaper clipping with a devastating headline.

"Parents Of Three Die In Fatal Shooting"

My heart drops. Knox's parents were killed in a shooting at his school when he was seventeen. He and his brothers must've lived together here until he took up fighting and made a life of his own. Moving to Cali must've been a tough change after it was always him and his brothers for a year or so.

I sigh and sit back on the bed, running my fingers through my hair. My heart breaks for him and although I want to do what I can to help, I don't want to push. I understand that this is something he has to come to me with. I stand to look for Knox, but my door bursts open. Knox himself strides in, looking like the cat that caught the canary. 

     "What's got you in such a good mood?" I ask, thoroughly confused because I'm leaving today.

How could he be happy about that?

     He hands me clothes, hastily throwing together an outfit. I look at him with a raised eyebrow but change quickly after shooing him away. I fix up my hair a bit and throw it into a messy bun. When I walk out to the living room, there's three people there. All in suits.

     "Umm, hi. Can I help you?" I ask, giving sideways glances to Knox.

     Two people here I don't know, but Victoria is the last person, making me surprised. I've never seen her so formal in a pencil skirt and pressed blouse. The two strangers here are a man and a woman, expensive suits and pens flashing. I'm feeling a little violated to say the least, and not to mention confused.

Why is Knox just fine with all these people here? The male stranger's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

     "Mr. Taylor is finalizing the payments for Rebound. He wanted you to be here," the man says, sounding a bit impatient and annoyed that the meeting has been stopped for me.

     "Oh, uhh, okay," I say, not really registering what they're saying.

     I still haven't had my caffeine.

     "He's buying the company, Kat," Victoria says, sobering me up.

Buying the company? That can not be what she just said. My widened eyes flick to Knox's grinning face. How the hell did he plan this without me knowing?

     "Wait what? Since when?" I ask, looking between Victoria and Knox.

     "He contacted Roth and Banks Law Firm a few days ago about buying a company, but not instating any changes to the routine and management. He set up a meeting through me and we talked to Victoria and her lawyer, Mr. Parker. He has ample funds to take over the company and has already appointed a head of management to make sure financial issues are covered. He better love this company because I woke up early for that meeting," the woman mutters the last part.