9 - In The Ring

Thanks so much for 1k! Love you all! Here's a longer chapter for you guys;) Comment your thoughts!

Click on the pic above to see all of Kat's outfit:)
xo

|Chapter Nine|

     "Knox, good to see you, back," his trainer says while clapping him on the back.

     He gives them and upward nod as I walk up next to him.

     "Now who did you bring? How'd you get a beautiful woman like her in here?" the trainer asks, looking me up and down.

     Knox gets protective and pulls me into his side, wrapping an arm around my waist.

     "I got it, I got it," the guy raises his hands, lightly chuckling at Knox's behavior.

     Knox nods, raising his brows in warning.

     "I'm Kurt," he says to me.

     "Katarina, but call me Kat," I respond, extending my hand for a handshake.

     He tightly grips my hand in his own, giving it a firm shake. He nods as he does so.

     "He's good to you, yeah?" he says, pretending to be quiet, but purposely loud enough for Knox to hear.

     "What makes you think..." I trail off, thinking back to how Knox got pretty possessive.

     "He's a good man," he says.

     "Yeah, without a doubt," I say, a little confused at his behavior.

     I look around at everyone in their workout clothing and then there's me. I tried to dress professionally in some jeans and a white, ruffled, off the shoulder top. I paired it with some scrappy heels, but maybe it would've been better to just stick with athletic stuff. I stick out like a sore thumb now.

     "Alright Knox, let's get you back in," he says and smiles.

     "Just be careful. He's still using a cane at times," I say to his trainer, making sure everything's toned down a bit.

     I take a seat in a chair while watching Knox in his element. It's a small fold up chair in her corner, but it doesn't bother me as it does what it needs. I'm about seven or so yards away from the ring, and I can see the muscles flex in Knox's arms and legs. He gets into the ring and there's another guy in there too. He has a lot of padding on and hand pads like you see in movies.

     Knox goes in and practices things I've never seen before. His first fight was nothing like what I'm seeing now and like nothing I've seen on TV with Angie. I worry it's straining him though and I just don't want him to go hard at it. Things definitely looked majorly toned down, but still. I stand to say something and walk up to Kurt.

     "You won't see him fight like this in the cage," Kurt says before I have a chance to speak.

     "Why not?" I ask, previous comment forgotten.

     "He doesn't need to. He goes for the knockout and the fights over. He's a one and done kind of man," Kurt shrugs.

I can't help but think there's some more meaning in that...

     "He can't do too much though. He's still recovering," I tell Kurt, his comment sobering me up.

     If he overworks Knox, we could be back at square one. I wouldn't fully condone it because that just means more time with him, but I'd feel horribly guilty about the money I'd be taking. Plus, even though we're...what, together? We hadn't really talked about that. I mean, Knox isn't afraid to show that I'm obviously with him, but we didn't really discuss how deep this is. The point is, I'm still a professional and I have to do my job. I'm better than that.