20 - Meet the Family

Well, guys, I think there's less than five chapters left:( This is a bit shorter than His Mate, but I'll have a longer one (I think) that I'll be starting next;) I hope you guys have liked how things have panned out!

Double update because I wanted to get something all my readers could enjoy:) Love you all!

Q: What's your favorite TV show? (Gotta say I like Castle, Supernatural, and Quantico)
xo

|Chapter Nineteen|

     "Wake up, beautiful," I hear.

     I crack open my eyes and see Knox staring right back at me. I grin, loving to hear his voice again. It seems like it's been years, but in reality it's been a few months less than that. My heart skips a beat at my wake up call because I just love this and am the most content I've been in so long.

     "Mm I could get used to this," I say, stretching.

     "C'mon. We're having dinner with my brothers tonight. They're flying in for my last fight before the finals," he says.

     That gets me up. I knew about his brothers since the beginning, but this dinner is a little quick. I'm happy to meet them though if not a bit nervous already. His parents had passed away, so they're the only family he's got left.

     "Oh god," I groan.

     He chuckles.

     "They'll love you," he says, kissing my head and pulling away a bit.

I grab his wrist, holding him in bed.

     "Can you just...stay in bed a little longer?" I ask.

     "As much as I'd love to, I can't. C'mon, love," he says.

Love? I like it. I grin to myself.

     "Ugh, fine," I say and sit up.

     I throw my hair in a messy bun and he grins at me.

     "What?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

     "Nothing. You're beautiful, you know that?" he says.

     I smile and kiss his cheek. We make a breakfast of eggs, toast, and bacon together and then we take off for the gym. He needs to be training for the last two fights with Kurt. The competition is getting tougher now and it takes more than just a minute for Knox to win the fights. It's even taken a couple rounds sometimes.

We walk into the gym, me not able to keep the grin off my face as I finger the ring on my finger. I absolutely love it. Kurt comes over, probably wondering why it took a little longer for us to get here. We took our time with the breakfast and slept in...well I tried to.

     "Knox, we're ready...you proposed? That was early," Kurt says, eyeing the ring on my finger.

     "I had no choice," Knox says.

     The look on Kurt's face is priceless when he hears Knox's voice. I smile a little, watching as his face flickers from surprise to joy. He grins and glances between me and Knox.

     "I knew you'd talk," he says like he had it all figured out.

"Pfft, yeah sure," he says, sarcasm dripping in his tone.

"Well as soon as you two got together, I knew he wouldn't be able to go that long without speaking to you," Kurt says, smug.

     "She almost left me. Turns out I wasn't as sneaky as I thought with the making of the customized ring and she was about to leave. The texts at night, the looks you gave her, it all added up as if I was cheating. Didn't really help when Stella Kay decided to get handsy when delivering the ring at the fight yesterday," he says.