4 - You Again

Here is a longer chapter for you guys (probably the longest I've written so far)! Hope everyone's enjoying the story! Comment what you think:) This is a time skip chapter but I'm sure you guys will like it;)

Picture of Kat's room is above
xo

|Chapter 4|

Three Months Later...

My eyes widen and I have to consciously keep myself from letting my jaw drop. I didn't think I'd ever see him again. After that night three months ago, I let go of everything Knox Taylor. I was confident he'd just be a small figment of my life, but there he is, being wheeled through the doors of the rehab facility.

I'm frozen in my place.

"Okay, of all people, I would think you would be the one to not stare as if he's a god," Nina, my fellow coworker and friend, says.

She snaps me out of my little episode and I resume my charting on my most recent patient.

"I'm not staring because of his looks or his status. I'm staring because I kinda know him," I say, feeling the need to clarify.

"You know Knox Taylor? How?" she asks, surprise evident in her tone.

"I went to one of his fights with Angela. She got us backstage passes and I kinda sorta had a drink with him," I admit, a little sheepish.

"Shut up! No way!" she exclaims.

"Shh, it was literally nothing," I brush it off, hoping she'll just forget about it.

"That's not fucking nothing, Rhodes. Anyways, I heard he got into a bad bar fight and then took off on his motorcycle. He left the bar drunk and out of his mind and he got caught up in a pretty bad crash. Victoria says he's here now for physical therapy and rehab from alcohol. He's been abusing for a while I guess," Nina says.

Of course Victoria would take him on as a patient. He's rich as hell and if we give him a good stay, he'll recommend or we'll get publicity or something. We've been running on fumes and just started getting on our feet, but this would help a lot. I'd probably be just fine with all this, except this isn't my first encounter with him.

God, I still can't even believe it.

Knox is here. In New York.

"Dr. Rhodes? I need you over here," my superior, Victoria, calls me over.

I snap out of my shock and gulp. She's waving me over to Knox himself. He hasn't looked at me yet, but maybe he won't recognize me. I can only hope.

I make my way over with a fake smile plastered on my face. I'm trying to hide my nervousness, but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing the best job. I stand beside Victoria as she's finishing her welcome speech.

"Mr. Taylor, this is a rehab facility as well as a physical therapy facility. We combine it for certain patients like you and have multiple physicians who specialize in both areas. I have our best and brightest here for you. This is Katarina Rhodes, your 24/7 therapist and doctor," my boss and owner of this place introduces me to him.

I guess she's making a special appearance for Knox because she doesn't normally come and greet everyone. Knox raises his eyes to look up at his new doctor and I see surprise in them. I also see recognition, which makes my smile falter in just the slightest of ways. He knows. He remembers.

As for me, it's hard to recognize him as he is now. He's in a wheelchair and has bandages and stuff on him. I can barely fathom the Knox from just three months ago to being the man in front of me. The Knox before was powerful and intimidating. This Knox is...quiet. From our limited conversations, he did seem to be a man of few words, but this is a different type of quiet. This quiet is completely out of character as it's his voice and body that are quiet. I don't get the same apprehensive feeling in my stomach as I did the first time I met him.