Mother Instinct

Chapter 6: Mother Instinct

Note: Sorry for not Updating lately, I should be back to schedule as soon as this chapter is posted. So this may be about 36 words longer than the last chapter but I'll try my best to make it longer next time.

"Look Marina, I understand you were mad and stuff, and don't get me wrong I was too but, ya gotta control it." Pearl said softly, as they sat on the couch.

Marina looked down at Vian, as he slept peacefully in her arms. "I know Pearlie.... I don't know what came over me. It's just seeing Vian like that, completely exposed out in the open like that, snapped something inside of me."

"I just felt the need to hold him in my arms, keep him away from all that exposer to everyone. I mean only cod could have known what would of happened to him if I hadn't gotten to him!" She countinued.

Pearl watched the taller idol with a smile, as she ranted.

"I don't know what this feeling is Pearl!" She finished.

"It's called a Mother Instinct." Pearl simply said.

"Mother Instinct?"

"Yep! Ya know how your mom protected you from any sign of danger? That's exactly what your doing." She explained.

Marina thought for a minute, remembering the times when her mother had protected her from Octavio and the bad Octokids that messed with her.

"You're right Pearlie! I guess I just developed that Instinct after all!" She softly exclaimed.

"Yo I gotta idea! How about we pay your mom a visit this weekend? Been a while since we last saw her and Bigger Vian?" Pearl suggested.

"Sounds like a great idea! But, what about the Octolings.... Wouldn't they try to attack us, since ya know..."

Pearl waved it off as she got up. "Nahh That won't be a problem! I'll scare em off if they dare to come near us!" Anyway, I'm gonna catch some zzz's early. see ya tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Pearlie." The Octoling said.

Marina looked at Vian, and gently carcassed his short dark blue hair as he slept.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Weekend came by pretty quick. Since the Splatfest had ended for the month,  the stages were a breeze to go through.

As of Vian's new babysitter, the duo decided to just hand him to one of the staff members who stood just outside of the doorway of the live studio. That way Marina won't freak out and would be able to keep an extra eye out.

Marina picked up Vian and placed him in a baby carrier. After making sure he was secure in place, she placed the carrier on her back.

(Ya know those backback things where you can place a child in, and carry on your front or back)

"Pearlie, you ready?!" She called out to the inkling.

"Yeah, I'm comin'" Pearl called out back. The rapper came out of the room, with an Off The Hook T-shirt, with her and Marina's name on it and some shorts. She also brought a pair of dualies, which she placed in her bag.

"Haha funny how we chose to wear the same exact shirt uh?" Pearl said, smirking.

Marina too, wore an Off The Hook T-shirt, but she wore black pants.

"Even Vian is wearing the same thing!" Marina said.

Vian squealed in excitement at the mention of his name, which made the two laugh.

"Let's get going!" Pearl said, opening the door for the Octoling.

Marina smiled and patted the smaller idol's head with affection as she walked passed her.

Pearl blushed at the contact, before shaking it off and proceeded to follow her friend, after locking the door.