Family All the Way!

Chapter 17: Family All the Way

Marina gasped. "You got me the new Hyperfresh DJ set?! This is the most expensive set in Inkopolis!" She exclaimed, looking at Pearl with a unbelievable expression.

Pearl smirked. "Pfft it wasn't even that expensive! Only costed like 200,000 coins."

Marina tackled the inkling with a bear hug, wrapping her toned arms around her small form. "Thank you so much Pearlie!"

Pearl returned the hug, smiling. "No probs. Gotta make sure my freshest dj has the freshest gear."

Marina laughs and releases the inkling. She grabs the Inkling's hand and walks over to door to the garage.

"Where we goin' Rina?" Pearl asked, as she watches Marina open the door.

"To show you your gift of course!" Marina exclaimed as she turns on the lights.

"YOOOO!" Pearl shouted her eyes big with surprise.

There was a Pearlcent go kart nicely. It was big enough to hold 3 people. It's silver-pink body shined. On the hood was Pearl's signature symbol in yellow. There were also other logos.

"Do you like it? It took me ages to build." Marina said, looking at her friend.

"Do I like it?! Marina, I fucking love it!" Pearl said, walking over to the kart, running her hands over the hood. "And you built this?! By yourself?"

Marina giggled. "Yup! I couldn't find any cool looking karts online so I took the matter in my own hands. Only took me a couple months."

Pearl smiled and threw her arms around Marina's shoulders. "Marina I fucking love you!"

Marina blushed. Pearl has never said something like that before. "Aww I love you too Pearlie~" She replied.

Present

Back then, Pearl had no idea what she meant by when she said I love you to Marina. It was probably a platonic thing at the time. But Pearl doubts that...

"Pearl?"

Maybe She loved Marina more than just a friend back then.

"Pearl!"

Pearl shook her head and looked at Marina, who's eyes held slight concern. "Uh What?" Vian looks up at Pearl. His small giggles can be heard.

"Welcome back to Inkopolis!" Marina giggled.

"Sorry, I was thinking about..." Pearl paused. Then she glances at the camera, remembering that they were currently live. "A time when I had gave my uncle a live splat for Christmas! Man those were great time!"

"But wouldn't you want to spend the holidays with your friends?" Marina asked.

"I do but sometimes It's hard finding time with fam and the holidays seems like a perfect time!" Pearl replied, shrugging. "Besides, I don't have to act different around my family."

Pearl was confused when she saw Marina slightly flinch at that statement.

Marina cleared her throat. "I would spend the holidays with my friends. Especially the one closest to me. The one who never judges someone by how they look or act, the one who knows your darkest secrets, and who will always have your back, no matter what."

As Marina said this, she never took her eyes off of Pearl.

Ah I get it now.

Pearl nods. "I agree with ya. But you know, you and me?" She smiled at Marina. "We're totally family!"

Marina's eyes grew wide. "Wha-"

"Who said family had to be by blood? You're one of my closest family Reena!" Pearl said.

Marina stared at Pearl in silence before smiling. "Guys, I guess it's been decided... The Splatfest is canceled!"

Pearl almost dropped Vian. "Wha- Rina ya can't just do that!"

Marina laughed. "I'm messing with you! Team family is still going down!"

Pearl sighed. "Go down to the terminal and pick the left side y'all!"

"Pearlie... That's not how it works!"
---------------------------------------------------------

Short but hey it's been updated

I'll be honest, I may have sorta forgot about this when I was writing my au :') But it's back and updates will come more often now