Promises

Chapter Promises

Marina opened her eyes, feeling weight on top of her. Once her eyes had adjusted, she saw that the rapper had rolled on top of her, head resting underneath her chin.

It was still pretty light outside, meaning she had slept for a hour or so.

In the corner of her eye, she noticed that Vian was squirming slightly. That was a sign that he was going to wake up any second now.

Marina looked at the older inkling and couldn't bring herself to wake her up. So she gently lifted the heavy sleeper and placed her where she previously was.

"M-Marina...." Pearl muttered.

Cod she's so adorable....

The DJ got up and went over, just to see Vian looking at her with his big blue eyes.

"Hey bud, did you sleep well?" Marina whispered, as she picked up the baby.

the engineer quietly walked out the bedroom, to the living room. She sat on the couch and turned on the TV.

She flipped through the channels, trying to find something interesting to watch. Eventually she saw one of those channels that talk about the rumors going on in the city.

"Today's topic is about our freshest band's disappearance, Off The Hook!" A inkling with short pink announced.

"People have been wondering where our 2 girls been. It's been 2 days since we last seen them. Any ideas folks?"

One inkling boy with goggles stood up. "I've heard rumors about Marina having a child with her."

Another inkling stood up. "Yeah! I've seen her carry them a few times around the square."

"Could it be that our star may have a family of her own? If so then who is the lucky Squid to be the father of that child?"

Marina face palmed herself as she listens to the ridiculous rumors about her and Vian.

Of course Inkopolis would think that.... If they think logically, they would know that reproducing during my time with the news would be impossible and the only way for me to be able to have a offspring of my own is to cut my tentacle...

"Rina?"

Marina and Vian turn their heads to the drowsy idol, who stood in the hallway, yawning.

"Hey Pearlie, did you sleep okay?" Marina asked as she gestures the older idol to take a seat next to her.

"Yep. Actually that was probably the best I slept in a while." Pearl replied, taking a seat next to the singer.

"Good. You know, you really worried me earlier..." Marina said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Can you tell me what was wrong?"

Pearl looked at the Octoling, golden eyes flashing with fear and nervousness.

"Well t-there's 2 reasons...but I don't know if I can tell you the other reason yet." Pearl replied, rubbing her pale arm.

"Well just tell me the first reason, and then if you want to, we can discuss the second one later." Marina insisted, placing Vian down on the other end of the couch, giving Pearl her undivided attention.

The inkling took a deep breath. " When you told me to run...to leave you behind...I had all sorts a scenarios play through my head."

She paused for a moment running a hand through her tentacles. " Ya know, it's real hard watching someone you deeply care about, just throw themselves into danger."

The rapper looked at the Octoling. "Marina, I don't ever want you doing something like that again. I don't think I can handle almost losing my best friend a second time....when I was tending your wounds, it reminded me about that time..."

Marina hadn't felt this much guilt and hurt in a very long time. Because of her, Pearl was suffering through the consequences.

The Octoling grabbed Pearl's pale hand and laced their fingers together. "I had no idea you were going though such pain because of my actions... I didn't know I meant that much to you Pearl."

"Of course ya do. You made me who I am today! Honestly, I can't really see myself anywhere else in life without you in it." Pearl said without hesitation.

Marina blushed at the statement before smiling shyly. "You mean a whole lot to me too Pearlie... You accepted an Octoling into your life just as quickly as if I was an inkling!"

"Might sound old sayin' this but I don't really look at species. I just look for the kind of person they are." Pearl replied, gaining her usual glow in her eyes.

"Geez Pearl, when did you get so wise?" Marina joked.

"Hey! Just cause I act like a kid, doesn't mean I have a mind of one!" Pearl playfully glared.

There's my Pearlie.... Marina thought with a smile.

"Uh huh. Whatever you say, short stuff." Marina replied. Then she placed a hand on Pearl's shoulder. "And Pearl, I won't ever make risky choices like that again. I promise you, and you know I never break my promises."

Pearl stared at the Octoling before wrapping her arms around her shoulder. "Thank you Rina."

Before Marina could hug back, Pearl released her and picked up Vian, who let out a sound of surprise. "Heyo Bud!"

Marina watched the two play before realizing something. "Hey Pearlie, You still up for that deal we made?"

"What deal?" Pearl questioned.

"You know the one where you won't curse for 2 weeks!"

Pearl pouted. "Aww I thought you would forget about that."

Marina giggled. "Well you thought wrong~"

Vian had no idea what the idols were talking about but he wanted to get back to playing with Pearl. He tried tapping her leg but that didn't work. He also tried making noises but that didn't work either.

He pouted and decided to do what a baby must do. Vian grabbed Pearl's index finger and brought it to his mouth.

"So we'll head to work tomorrow?" Pearl asked.

Marina hummed in agreement. "We can't keep missing work. Besides they are spreading some rumors about our disappearance."

"Wait rumors? For- AHHHHH FU-"