The Infinity War (Part 9)

"So, Thanos is definitely going to come here looking for Dr. Strange's time thingy?" I asked, trying to clarify the situation. Once again I had not been paying as much attention to the conversation as I should've.

"If he's trying to obtain all six stones," Tony answered my question. "Then he's aware of all of their locations and will come to capture it."

"How long do you think it will take for him to get here?" asked Peter. I think he wanted to know how much time we'd get to make a plan before the grape medicine monster came to fight us.

"He took Gamora because she knew where the soul stone was, and that was a few hours ago." Peter Quill said. "It'll probably take awhile for them to get wherever it's being kept, and then to get back, so probably five or six hours."

I let out a small huff of relief to the fact that we wouldn't be ambushed by the giant before we could grasp what we needed to do. Quill informed us that Thanos was keeping the gems on a huge glove - easy access. Apparently if he wanted to work one of the stones' powers he would have to close his hand, so the first and most obvious step was to make sure that he couldn't.

"We would need something strong," said Mantis.

"Something indestructible." added Drax.

So we went to work on finding something that would do. It would've been helpful if someone like Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) or Thor were here, but no. It was Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider Man, Star Lord, Mantis, Drax and, of course, me. The only person that could potentially stand a chance was Iron Man because, well, he's Tony Stark! A stupidly smart billionaire who wears an iron suit and fights evil.

"You know," said Tony, calling all of our attention to him. "There's one person here that could easily outsmart Thanos when he comes and could buy us some time before we attack."

Yeah, I thought with a scoff. You.

"(Y/N)." I stared at Mr. Stark with a look of pure disbelief.

"Me?" I squinted at him with a finger pointed at my chest. "Why me?"

"You're the only one that is as good a fighter as you are smart," I shook my head at his words.

"What about you?"

"I'm smart, sure, but I can't do anything without wearing this suit." Tony smiled at me while I stood there, mouth agape. "(Y/N), you can do stuff with your mind."

"So can Mantis," I argued, not wanting to be in the spotlight.

"Yeah, but she can't fight very well, now can she?" Tony argued back just as stubbornly.

"C'mon. (Y/N)!" Peter said, coming up behind me and taking my hand in his. "Maybe you're not the strongest Avenger physically, but you're the only one on the whole team that's brains are as powerful as your weapon."

"Dude," Quill said, joining us along with Mantis and Drax. "You move stuff without a second thought."

I could tell that all of them were being serious because of their tone - also because I looked through their thoughts, but we can put that to the side for now.

A small blush appeared on my cheeks as Peter Parker said one last thing into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "You're the most beautiful, badass girl on this planet, (Y/N). For Thor's sake, you're an Avenger! Do you know how many people would die to be in your position?"

"Okay, okay," I giggled. "You don't have to keep saying it! I already know I'm the best."

Everyone smiled at me and then we started to formulate a plan. "If (Y/N) can keep Thanos busy when he arrives, then the rest of us could get into position around him."

An idea popped into my head. "What if we try to confuse him? Mantis could make images in his head, right? And we could scare him to sleep, taking his glove thingy in the process."

"Okay," Quill said. "I think it's good, but it sucks. So maybe if you let me make the plan, it won't suck."

"Wow." Peter murmured next to me, just loud enough so I could hear it.

"Then whaddya got, smart guy?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm glad you asked." Quill said. The plan was for me to get Thanos doing an inner monologue type thing so that the others could get to a good position to strike from.

From there, they would all take turns distracting him with their specialties whilst Dr. Strange opened and closed portals, making it so Thanos couldn't actually attack them.

It would end with all of us ganging together and getting him onto his knees. Mantis would make him sleep and then Peter, Tony and I could  pull his glove off.

We would then get me back to Earth to find Wanda and we would destroy the stones on the glove with our powers. Some of the ideas, like getting me back to Earth, needed fine tuning, but other than that, it was good.

"That was actually pretty good." I said, nodding my head in surprised approval. "Nice going, Quill."

He thanked me with an "Aww, stop it." when Mantis noticed something behind me, furrowing her brows and lifting her arm to stick out her finger. "Does your friend usually do that?"

We all turned to face where she pointed to see Dr. Strange levitating and twitching his head side to side really fast, green mist surrounding him. We ran over to him and I kneeled next to him while Tony shook him out of his state.

"Strange?" Tony said into his ear, making him stop and look at me. I frowned at his lost expression.

"I just went forwards in time," he informed all of us, quickly glancing at everyone before focusing on me. "I saw every possible outcome."

"How many are there?" Tony asked warily. Dr. Strange gave me a solemn look and then shook his head. I narrowed my eyes.

"Fourteen-million six-hundred and five."

"And in how many do we win?"

When Dr. Strange didn't say anything, I let myself travel into his mind to find what he had seen. When I did, my eyes widened and I gasped making Peter worried and put an arm on my shoulder.

"(Y/N)," he said calmly though I could feel how tense he was. "How many?"

I felt my heart contract and my breath quicken. My mind raced through the Doctor's thoughts, trying to prove myself wrong. I even let my own visions cloud over me, but it was only confirmation.

The word was barely audible as I spoke it. "One."

~~~
Dun dun DUNNNNN
We hit 1,000 reads!! I'm so happy!! Thank you guys so muchhh
I'm so excited for the next chapter and what I have in store for you all!
You'll either love it or hate it muahaha