Endgame - Part 16 - I Am.

Wanda was the first one to do damage. She fired off red blasts into the army that had appeared in front of us, taking down masses at a time. Pepper, Nebula and Shuri were next as they fired lasers from their fists. Gamora and Okoye followed, taking the weaker ones down with their weapons, and Valkyrie took to the sky on her pegasus, robots falling around her.

Then, was me. I gave Peter a glance before I charged into the action, letting my feet come over my head as I landed on the shoulders of a creature and broke his neck with my hands. Next, I blasted electricity into the air which Wanda sent back don, creating a wave of power that surged through the middle of the crowd.

Finally, a gust of air blew beside me causing me to look up from where I stood to see Carol, flying through the troops in a blur of power with the gauntlet safely in her arms. Something inside me urged me to follow her, so I did. I used a mix of my abilities and suit fuel as I flew down the path of dead aliens that she had only just made.

As I followed, I watched as Pepper, Nebula and Shuri once again fired off lasers, but this time, they had a real target. Thanos. He was flung backward onto the ground, his weapon tight in his hand. I slowed down when Carol managed to get past him and headed straight toward Scott's truck. It's time travelling portal was now fully functioning, and she was going to return the stones.

I thought that she was going to make it, but my heart sank when Thanos threw his sword at it, and it exploded right before she could get there. The explosion made everything around it get pounded backwards with a blinding white light. I held my arms over my head as I crashed into yet another boulder and felt my body crash through it from the force before falling face-first to the ground.

When the dust cleared, I lifted my head up and saw that I had landed between Doctor Strange and Tony. His eyes were glued to something not far from us, and I turned my head to see the gauntlet laying on the rubble. I met eyes with the Stark before clumsily bringing myself up to a stand and fumbling toward the glove.

Tony ran beside me as we desperately tried getting there before Thanos, who was gaining on it. Time seemed to slow as we finally reached it, right at the same time as Thanos. Tony, instead of bending down to pick the stones up, used his strength to knock himself in the purple giant. Thanos was knocked back, giving me a chance to pick the gauntlet up.

I turned to run when Tony had been pushed back onto the ground, and Thanos used his sword to make me fall. A stinging pain went through the back of my legs as I let go of the gauntlet and instead clutched my bleeding shins. I yelled out as the pain got worse before I found myself in the arms of Steve who brought me further away from the center of the action and toward Doctor Strange.

Once he put me down, I was able to command Janice to block up the bleeding area until I could get medical attention. I then watched as Thor swung his axe at Thanos, who held it back with his hand, and then summoned his hammer as well. He used both weapons in an attempt to hold Thanos back from the gauntlet which had fallen from my arms just feet from them.

Then Steve jumped into the action. - quite literally, too - as he launched himself onto Thanos' back, tying his arms around his neck. He struggled for only a second, before using his free arm to punch Thor away and then flung the Captain off of him by the head. Thanos then was able to reach down to the gauntlet, and was about to slip it onto his hand, when Captain Marvel landed in front of him. She sent powerful punches to his face, stomach, shoulders, anywhere she could reach, until Thanos caught her arm. He used it to swing her around and send her back into another rock.

My eyes widened as he was able to slip it onto his hand, and watched in fear as the electricity pulsed through his veins, exactly like it had done to Bruce. I growled lowly as I felt rage boiling in my blood. I would not let him snap his fingers.