Endgame - Part 4 - Killing Thanos

Please read A/N at the end.

"No satellites; no ships; no armies; no ground defences of any kind."

Carol flew back up to the ship with her observations after she had gone down to Thanos' new planet for a recon.

"It's just him."

Nebula spoke up in a quiet but dangerous voice.

"And that's enough."
~~~
"Are we sure Thanos is really here?" I asked Natasha as her, Steve and I looked at his shack from a short distance away. The three of us were crouched in some long grass, waiting for our signal. "All I'm saying is, that, if I were the most powerful living being in the universe, I would create a giant castle to live in with a bunch of animal sidekicks."

And bring Peter back, I thought with a sad sigh.

"Maybe he wanted to be humble," Nat thought aloud.

"Or maybe he just has no one to impress," Steve wondered. I silently agreed with his thought when I saw a light from the corner of my eye. I looked up to see a familiar ball of light rocketing toward the broken down hut quickly.

"Marvel's moving in," Nat said, her eyes following Carol.

"Should we?" I asked.

"Not yet..." Steve answered, his eyes locked on the house. Carol crashed through the roof, and I heard a loud groan come from inside. Rhodey then jumped out from his hiding place, too, and broke into the shack.

I heard another loud roar when Thor busted through the wall, and felt a pit in my stomach form when I knew.

"Now."

We began walking toward the flight, and I couldn't help but feel badass in my suit with my hair blowing freely behind me. Steve marched slightly in front of us, ready to attack if necessary. I watched our flanks in case someone or something was stalking us, and Nat kept the middle ground to make sure we stayed close together.

We reached the stairs to the shack and I noticed the way they squeaked underneath us as we climbed the few. The first thing I saw inside was Thanos kneeling on the ground with Carol holding him in a choke hold, Rhodey securing his arm and Bruce, in his new suit, his other.

Rocket and Nebula followed closely behind us, and Rocket immediately went over to Thanos' severed hand on the ground. It still wore the gauntlet, but when he turned it over, the infinity stones were gone.

"Oh no," Rocket muttered, looking up at us in shock. I felt the pit in my stomach grow. Natasha and Steve exchanged looks, but I marched right up to the purple giant and used my powers to make his eyes meet mine.

"Where are they, you asshole?" I demanded with a force that made my emotions take over my control and Thanos wince.

"Answer her question," Carol hissed in his ear. I looked back at Steve who nodded, signaling for me to add more pressure.

"The universe required correction," Thanos said in a gravelly voice. I clenched my jaw at his statement, and the giant winced again. "After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation."

Bruce pulled me back from the face of Thanos, making my powers restrain back to me as I wiped my bloody nose. Bruce then pushed Thanos back with all of his force, causing both Carol and Rhodey to stumble off of him.

"You murdered trillions!" He shouted. I had never heard the doctor that angry without him turning into the Hulk.

"You should be grateful!" Thanos spat. Steve had had enough and clocked him in the face with his shield.

"Where are the stones?" I turned back to see Natasha with tears in her eyes, worried but her voice steady.

"Gone," Thanos said. My eyes widened. "Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago," I said.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones," Thanos met my eyes and gave me a sick ghost of a smile. "It nearly killed me."

I looked around at everyone to see that they were all staring at the giant. We really couldn't bring everyone back.

He's gone...

"But the work is done," Thanos continued. He had a triumphant air to him the disgusted me. "It always will be. I am - inevitable."

"We have - we have to tear this place apart," Rhodey said suddenly, stumbling over his words. "He's got to be lying."

"My father is many things," Nebula said, still staring at Thanos. "A liar is not one of them."

"Thank you, Daughter," he said as Nebula took a step closer. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly-"

Then, without any warning, Thor swung his hammer and Thanos' head was on the floor. His body fell back, and I felt like I would throw up.

"...What did you do?" Rocket whispered. I looked up to the God, who stared at Thanos' detached head.

"I went for the head."

Thor turned around and walked out the door, and my emotions finally caught up to me. I fell onto my knees and began to sob. I didn't even care that it was in front of my whole team. I would never see Peter again.

"Oh, (Y/N)," Natasha kneeled down beside me and rubbed my back soothingly. "Here, Steve, help her up."

I felt two hands under my arms which effortlessly lifted from the ground. Steve set me on my feet, but I was too drained from the use of my powers and the emotion so I fell forward again. This time, Nat caught me on one arm, Steve at the other, and they helped me back to the ship.

Goodbye, Pete.
~~~
Hey, Lovelies!
Sorry for the short chapter today, but it was necessary in order for the Five Year Later jump to come into play.
Also, I just need this point to make it to all of you. I am glad that you are all so invested in this story - I can't tell you how grateful I am for all of you. But I can't have people constantly asking "When will you update?" Or "Pleaseeeeee update!!!" Because it makes me feel very pressured to get something out that I'm not proud of. So, all I'm asking is for you to be patient and give me time to make something that I'm happy to share, without the constant begging.
I do appreciate the kind comments, though! They make me feel loved.
I hope you can all respect my wishes. Let me know if you have any questions about it, the next chapter should be up by the weekend.
Until next time :)