Chapter 25: A Storm

LOUD BANGS ON THE HATCH STARTLE ME and I look up from my resting position in alarm

LOUD BANGS ON THE HATCH STARTLE ME and I look up from my resting position in alarm. Miller looks at the door hatch uncertain if to open it. Bellamy nods, giving the go ahead to Miller and so the short boy cautiously walks over to it and begins to open it slowly.

But Clarke burst through the hatch impatiently, causing Miller to stumble backwards in surprise. "Get out of my way, Miller! Now!"

You didn't have to tell him twice. Miller quickly moves out of her path as she marches furiously towards the Grounder. She sticks a knife in his face, her eyes cold and detached. "What's on this?" She demands.

I stand up, walking towards Clarke's almost shaking figure. "What are you talking about?" I ask.

Her eyes snap towards me, a crazed look shone in her darkened blue eyes. "He poisoned the blade! All this time he knew Finn was going to die no matter what we did!" I blink a few times in surprise while I process what she said. Clarke grips the handle more tightly, focusing her anger on the Grounder. "What is it?! Is there an antidote?"

"Clarke, he doesn't understand you!" Octavia rushes over to her. Her voice held a tinge of desperation as she stares at the tied up grounder.

"You have to be stupid to have poison around this long without an antidote." Clarke hisses.

"Wait, uh, there's some vials!" I fumble as I rush over to the box Miller had picked up previously. A sense of panic quickly settled in chest as I realize Finn could die at any moment. I pick them up hastily and Clarke takes them from my hands without hesitation. She stares at the unlabeled vials with her eyebrows burrowed in desperation trying to decipher the language written on them.

She looks up at the Grounder, her expression changing from anger to a bit of fear. "Which one is it?"

"Answer the question!" Bellamy roars.

The Grounder remains silent.

Octavia lets out a shaky breath. "Please, show us!"

I run a hand through my hair as I look at the Grounder. I knew after everything Bellamy put him through that pleading with him probably was not going to earn his sympathy. But I didn't want to stoop to Bellamy's level, so I gave it a shot. "I...Please...he's our friend. I...We can't let him die." I sound absolutely pathetic but I was barely holding myself together at the moment. All of this was too much.

Bellamy watches my face as I struggle to form the words while choking back emotion. I turn to look at him, almost at the verge of hyperventilating. Finn was going to die and there was nothing I could do. Bellamy eyes bore into mine and darken as he watches my turmoil. He then snaps back to the Grounder. "I'll get him to talk." Bellamy turns abruptly to tear off a seatbelt hanging loosely from a chair.

"Bellamy, no!" Octavia screams, throwing herself between her brother and the Grounder.

He gives his sister an exasperated look. "He wants Finn to die, O! Why can't you see that?" Bellamy looks over to Clarke for permission. "Do you want him to live or not?"