Chapter 26: a tangle of feelings

SEBASTIAN GIVES ME A SHEEPISH GRIN despite his obviously disheveled appearance

SEBASTIAN GIVES ME A SHEEPISH GRIN despite his obviously disheveled appearance. He croaks out, "Katherine."

"Oh my god." I breathe as I see the blood seeping through his shirt.

Sebastian stumbles slightly as I reach him. "What happened?" I reach for his hands, which were covering his abdominal wound. But I was trying to see exactly where the bleeding was coming from.

"I'm so happy to see you," He says, swaying slightly. I catch him before he falls but I wasn't strong enough to keep him up myself.

"Help!" I yell.

Drew rushes over to me grabbing one of Sebastian's arms and swinging it over his shoulder. I cup Sebastian's face in my hands. "Hey, you're going to be okay," I reassure him and take his other arm over my shoulder. I turn to Drew. "We have to get him to Clarke."

We begin walking awkwardly towards the dropship. Everyone around us gives us uneasy, concerned looks. Clarke's eyes snap over to us at the sound of our labored entrance into the dropship.

"Clarke, help him, please." I strain.

Clarke's eyes go wide briefly as she drops Finn's hand. She rushes over to us, lifting up Sebastian's shirt to see the wound. She looks around. "Here"—she rushes to the corner of the dropship where the seats are—"put him down here."

Sebastian groans as we try to place him down as gently as possible. I bite down on my lip as I watch yet another friend of mine suffer. His brown eyes meet mine. "Katherine," He says again weakly.

I take the seat next to him, gripping his hand tightly. "Hey."

"Guess we both got battle scars, huh?" He gives me a playful smile.

I laugh lightly, although I was absolutely terrified. I can't believe that he was making jokes while he was bleeding out.

"Looks like he got shot by an arrow." Clarke states as she examines his wound. She looks up at Sebastian. "Did you pull it out?"

"Well I wasn't just going to leave it in there."

"You idiot." I sigh.

Clarke grabs a wet cloth. "This is going to sting."–she pressed the moonshine soaked cloth into his wound and he tilts his head back in pain– "looks like it didn't go that deep, you're lucky. And looks like the worst of the bleeding stopped. You'll be fine. I'll just have to stitch it up."

Sebastian nods. "See, Kat? No need to worry about me."

Clarke hands me the cloth. "Finish cleaning it while I grab somethings."

I take the cloth and bend down to clean the wound. It didn't seem to have punctured too deep which was a relief, it was also in the least critical area of his abdomen. I shake my head up at him, he's already grinning down at me.