Chapter 3

Chapter 3:
  We only slept for about 5 hours when we started early on our second day. We didn't eat breakfast, for fear of running out of food. The wind was picking up, dirt was flying when we came to hills. They were as small as a car to as big as a house. So far it had been fairly flat, and I did not want to climb up and down hills. But we did it anyway. Reluctantly I traveled at the front and helped the others up the steeper ones. And that's when it got worse. We had just finished our tallest hill so far when I noticed the next hill wasn't a hill, but it was a small mountain. It was massive , it's tip coming close to the clouds. I gaped in awe. "How the hell are we gonna cross that? That is not a hill it's a mountain!"
I rolled my eyes, "We can do it Ricky."  We started walking up into the rocks, we were a couple yards when Ricky and his huge feet took a wrong step and slid down the rocks. He held in a scream on the way down, and yelled when he hit a boulder with his knee at the bottom. Me and Tammy slid down after him on our feet, barely avoiding falling ourselves. This was a terrible idea. "Shit!" Ricky yelled as he poked at his knee. Tammy grabbed his hands and made him stop. "Ricky! You klutz!" I yelled as I took the last step and ran towards him. I pulled off my back pack and dug around until I found what I was looking for. Emergency kit. I opened it up, a half used emergency kit. But it would do. I got some rubbing alcohol to clean it off, and then wrapped it up in gauze. It has to be shattered. After a long conversation me and Tammy convinced him to stand. Slowly but surely he did, but not without expanding my dictionary of cusses. Then we started up again, it was narrow so we went up sideways with me and Tammy on each side ready to catch him. Step by step we made progress. We passed where we were earlier, in almost double the time, but we made it to the top. All we could see was a never ending field of green. That's when it got harder.   We started down and Tammy lost her footing multiple times. I, who hadn't fallen yet, stepped in a loose rock and went sliding down while holding on to Ricky, who was holding onto Tammy. We screamed on our way down and ended up ok. "And I thought I was the klutz!" Ricky remarked. I jabbed him in the side and he winced. My eyebrows drew together and I pulled up the side of his shirt a little. He had a massive fresh brush on his rib. I gasped, "Ricky what the hell! Why didn't you tell me, we have plenty of bandages!" He rolled his eyes as I went on talking, when I finally stopped he started. "I'm fine, it barely hurts. And bandages wouldn't help a bruise," I looked at him in disbelief. "If you don't believe me, hit me! Hit me right here." He pointed to the blooming purple bruise on his side. I huffed and poked him, he winced again and his face wet stiff. That definitely hurt. "Ok tough guy, just sit down and me and Tammy with fix you up." I ordered. He didn't move. "Or I could make you." He flopped on the ground like a slow-mo fish in defeat and Tammy went to work. Her careful hands dabbed at the bruise with some waxy medicine, then wrapped it up with bandages and gauze. He stood up with our help and we set out again. We hiked for a couple hours, when the edge around the cliff starting getting smaller. "Since Nyxie is so big we're gonna have to walk in front of each other from now on." Ricky joked. "You're lucky we're on a ledge and you're injured, or I would pop you in two." Tammy giggled as we lined up in a row and kept walking. Up and up and up until finally we reached the top section, of about 6 yards. We slowly trekked up the rest of the way and over the top. We were starting down, when Tammy starting sliding foreword, and one by one we were all sliding down the mountain. Again. "Weeee slipping slide! Haha",Ricky laughed, "This isn't so ba-" Ricky groaned as he hit a rock, then a tree, then another rock. That's when I noticed the trees. They were every where, if it wasn't rocks, it was trees. It got harder and harder to avoid obstacles as we slid down the hill mountain, not getting a grip on the ground. Then I hit a tree, face first, head on. I bounced off and landed on the ground. "Shit." I said in a declaring tone. Tammy saw me hit the tree and grabbed a branch to pull herself over, Ricky kept sliding until he was at the bottom. He looked up when he hit the ground and waved. I laughed and looked back, my head throbbed with the movement. Tammy pulled out the emergency kit again and she cleaned up my forehead, but we had nothing for a headache.
"Between me and Ricky, the emergency kit is gonna be gone by tomorrow!" I laughed.
Tammy shook her head and held back a laugh. Slowly, very slowly we moved down the rest of the way carefully placing our feet. "Nyxie, I know you wanted to walk at night, so why don't we just set up here?" Tammy said. "And we can start again tonight. "Definitely", Ricky agreed. I huffed and we set up camp, after finally finding a clear spot. We could still remember the sleeping schedule, so Tammy slept outside the makeshift door or the tent. Between my forehead and Ricky's side, she wanted to escape the complaining. The sun was heading down, it was probably about 5pm. My sleeping schedule is gonna be shot to hell I thought as I drifted off to sleep.