Chapter 10

Hey, if anyone actually reads. I recently updated the description and I was wondering if it better fits the book. If anyone thinks I should keep it please comment or star on this chapter.
:) thanks!!

"That's my dog." A voice echoed through the white woods. My heart stopped. The voice wasn't from a child.
"That's my dog." The voice repeated again.
"Um. I'm sorry, you must be mistaken, this is my dog." Luna started to growl. Slow and low.
"Give me my dog."
I started breathing hard and my heart beat sped up again. It was time to leave.
"Lets go Luna." I said, sternly, and she listened. We started jogging at first then the voice echoed again.
"Give me my dog!" The voice screamed.
I started to hear branches and leaves breaking.
"Let's go Luna!" I yelled. We started to print, but I heard someone behind me. This was not how I was gonna die, I thought. I was just trying to get dinner.
I ran as fast as I could, with Luna trailing behind me, I broke through the woods and ran right smack into something tall and hard.
"Ouch." It said. I focused my eyes, I had knocked right into Timothy.
"Oh Timothy! We need to leave!" I jumped up and tried to pull him up. But he took his time, much to my dismay.
"C'mon!" I said trying to pull him into action,
but he was at least 20 pounds heavier than me.
"Nyxie what's wrong?" He asked.
He was quite strong too.
"Luna is right here." He said.
But that was not the problem. I just kept pulling. I then realized, I hadn't actually touched him yet, and this might be an invasion of space, but at the moment I didn't care.
"There's a man. He's chasing me. He kept saying that Luna was his dog. So we ran. Now we need to go!"
But he still didn't move.
"Nyxie, there is only 6 people in this town, and the only "men" are me and your friend Ricky."
Then the man came out of the woods.
   He had a stubble and crazy black hair, but not in an attractive way, more like an 'I just escaped prison and I haven't slept in 3 days' way. I locked eyes with him and saw it. The insanity in his eyes. The eyes of a man long gone.
"Give me my dog!" The man screeched.
Luna started growling again, low and deep.
"Holy hell." I heard Timothy whisper.
"It's time to leave." Timothy said, surprisingly calm. He grabbed my hand, apparently he didn't care about personal space either. We were about to run when we noticed Luna hadn't moved.
"C'mon Luna!" I screamed. I grabbed at her and that spurred her into action. We all ran, me and Ricky hand in hand, with Luna behind us. We ran and ran and ran, until we reached the hotel. I didn't hear the man anymore, and I was kind of scared now that he might know where we were living but I didn't turn back. We busted through the doors and ran straight to our rooms.  I pushed the door open, I heard Ricky slam his door open and pull a very annoyed Becky into our room.
"Get your hands off me! What the hell!" She yelled. She slapped his hands away and Tammy jumped up off the bed.
Ricky didn't look thrilled about Timothy being in the room, but he put on a smile.
"What's wrong? Where have you been?"
I was out of breath so my words came out in a jumbled mess, but they were still words,
"We were.... in the woo.. ds and there was... a man." I huffed out. Tammy raised her eyebrows,
"There was a man in the woods?"
"Yes. He kept screaming at me, saying that Luna was his dog." Luna barked at the mention of her name.
"It's fine. Just another crazy man in the woods, it's perfectly normal."
Ricky laughed at what he said, but we all just glared at him until he stopped.
He looked as his feet, "Sorry, not the time."
Then Timothy started talking, "There was a man, he looked like he was in his 30's, in the woods." He looked over at me to check if he had it right. I nodded.
"I was walking through the woods after I saw Timoth-"
"You saw Timothy? In the woods?" Tammy asked, eyeing Timothy suspiciously.
"Yeah, But-"
"What happened?"
I huffed.
"That's another story, now shh and let me speak." I took a deep breath and started again.
"I was walking through the woods after I saw Timothy," Tammy looked irritated but I knew she would wait to ask questions.
"And while me and Luna were walking home, a man started yelling. He kept saying that Luna was his dog, then he started chasing us. Then I... umm.. ran into Timothy." I motioned to Timothy. I then realized I was in his personal bubble, and took a step sideways.
Tammy opened her mouth but shut it, probably going to ask another question.
"Then the man ran out of the woods. He had black hair and kind of a stubble. He... he looked crazy." I shivered as the memory.
His eyes.
"His... his eyes. He looked... he looked like he hasn't been sane for years."
The room went silent, even Becky's constant whining. Then I had a thought.
"Oh my goodness!" I jumped.
"Azalea! She's in the woods!" I spun around and tried to pull the door open when Timothy grabbed my wrist, gently but enough to make me stop.
"Who is Azalea?"
I sighed, scared and irritated.
"She's a girl in the woods. She is just a little girl! What if he gets to her?" I yelled.
I hadn't known the girl long, but the look in the mans eyes, I would be worried for a squirrel who came into his sight. He let go and we all tumbled out of the door. One by one, we popped out of the front door of the hotel. Me at the front, with Timothy behind. Then Tammy and Ricky. And at the end was a very unenthusiastic Becky. We all ran in a chain and eventually formed a glob by the time we got to the woods. I looked back at everyone. Becky was surprisingly keeping up, she didn't even look as out of breath as Ricky. I was personally breathing kind of heavy, along with Tammy. But Timothy and Becky seemed almost accustomed to running. I'll have it ask later. We started to slow to a jog. We all went through the woods, and we then slowed to a walk. Once the adrenaline was gone, the nerves started to set in.
   "Guys what if he was in town, and followed us here?" Ricky asked. This time nobody glared at him or laughed. It was a possibility, but not a good one. The best scenario would be that he was on the opposite side of the woods, asleep.
It was silent again, like it always was in the woods, with the exception of our breathing and Luna's padding feet. I led the group to where I was thinking the Ferris wheel was. We came into the clearing, and everyone looked around amazed, everyone except me. I kept walking, searching in the dark for Azalea's dark frizzy hair with flowers. It was good that the man wasn't here, though.
"Azalea?" I whisper yelled.
Then Ricky screamed, extremely loud like a little girl. We all jumped and spun around. Ricky had backed away from the woods.
"I saw someone!"
We all immediately prepared for the worst, ready to dog pile the old man.
But then Azalea came out of the woods in
"Nyxie!" She chirped. She ran towards me, apparently eager to see a familiar face, then she noticed the others. She stopped running and stepped back. The child like voice was replaced with a voice far older that Azalea. The one she had used when she had first met her.
"Hello." She said.
All of them waved at her, and said Hello back.
It was awkward for a moment, but eventually she came up and hugged me tightly around the waist. Then I remembered the reason we had come. It was completely silent so I assumed the old man wasn't over here, but It was always good to be cautious.
   I thought it was odd that the little girl was hugging me after I'd only met her today, but I guess being alone for years could make you a little desperate.
"Have you seen someone else? A man?" I asked. Her calm features were wiped away and replaced with worry.
"No. I did hear something, but I just thought it was the anima-." She stopped. We all turned to look behind where she was staring but we saw nothing.
"Azalea?" I said. I knew she was only a child, but I still didn't know her. Then a small tear slid down her dirty face.
"That's the dog. The one who would come and see me. The one who came before the old man took her away." She fell to her knees and Luna barked happily. Azalea scratches her behind the ears and rubbed her belly when she rolled over.
"Is this your dog?"
We all just stood in silence. It was peaceful, but I finally answered. I sat down onto the forest floor, into the leaves.
"We actually found her on the way here."
Then we all came to terms with the truth.
This man was not a normal man. This man was experienced, and probably not as old as he looked. This man might be right about Luna.
But he wouldn't have her after the way he acted. His crazed eyes. I shivered and everyone looked at me. He would not get Luna and he wouldn't hurt any one as long as I was here.