Chapter 6

Sorry this took so long to write, I've been really busy, but onto the next chapter...

"Who are you?"
We all jumped at the random voice. In front of us stood what I though might be twins. Both of them looked ready for a fight.
"Calm down we're not here to hurt you." I said, scared the blond girl would knock me out with the bat bat she was holding. She was a bit taller than me, and (possibly) her brother was as tall as Ricky. Immediately the boys started sizing each other up.
"I asked you a question," the blond girl said, her accent suggested maybe she was British. She twirled her bat around her shoulder and my jaw tightened, I already didn't like this girl. "Fine." I spat in my heavy country accent. "I'm Nyxie, this is Tammy and Richard."
The girl glared at me.
"Now you," I said, impatience clear in my
voice.
"How do I know you're not lying?"
"Because I'm not."
She rolled her eyes and started talking.
"I'm Becky Lench, and this is my brother Timothy. We're twins, and we're fifteen." I was right about the sibling thing, I mean, they looked so much alike. They both had dirty blond hair, Becky's hair went to her waist like mine, and Timothy's hair was perfectly messy, as if done on purpose and they both had the same tan skin. But their eyes were different. Becky's eyes were a dull blue, and Timothy's were a purplish grey. Almost like storm clouds ready to burst.
  The girl walked up and got in my face, towering over me a couple of inches. Tammy and Ricky both tensed.
"How did you find us?" Becky said, her voice showing no emotion besides anger. She was still glaring at me. I didn't understand her sudden disliking to me but Enough was enough I thought as my anger started bubbling up.
Why was she so rude to me?
"Ok listen here!" I yelled.
"You have no right to be so rude to me. I have barely known you for a minute, and have done nothing that could've made you angry. I wasn't looking for either of you. I thought we were alone, we were just looking for a place to sleep."
She laughed rudely and took a step back.
"Ok fine. Well me and my brother are staying in here, so you can just move your ugly self on to the next town." She glanced up at Ricky. "But you can she said." He shivered next to me. I knew he would never, ever leave us. Especially Tammy. She laughed again and sent a fake smile my way, I was gonna slap that look off her face. I tried to stomp forward and smack the witch across the face but both Tammy and Ricky grabbed my arms and pulled me back. I tried to break out of their hold but Ricky knew it would end badly if I slapped the girl, but now I don't really care. She laughed coldly. As if suddenly realising we were here, the girls brother, Timothy, pulled his sister back and Tammy and Ricky let me go. I would've charged but the boy hadn't done anything to piss me off. Yet.
"I'm sorry about her, she can be a bit rude to strangers."
Timothy has a slight British accent too. He turned his head around and scolded his sister. He turned back and started speaking again.
"As she said, I'm Timothy Lench, but you can call me Timmy or Tim."
He flashes us a smile. I take a deep breath and try to calm down.
"If you don't mind me asking, why are you here? How did you get here?" he asked.
I answered as calmly as I could.
"We're just stopping here to sleep, then we're going on to the next town. We walked from Lynn." I felt I had over shared by telling them where we had lived but I couldn't take it back now. His eyebrows raised up and he opened his mouth in a wide 'O'.
"You walked all the way through the outlands?"
I made a face.
"Um yeah. I'm pretty sure that's what I said."
The boy, Timothy grinned at my answer.
"That's quite impressive for a couple of girls-"
"And a guy!" Ricky piped in.
The boy in front of me grinned again.
"Ah yes. And a 'guy'. Still impressive. You must be Ricky, I'm assuming. Because you don't really look like a Tammy."
Timothy drew out the 'y' with his accent and Tammy smiled. Ricky smiled a tight grin.
"Yes. And this is Nyxie." He pointed at me.
"And this is Tammy." Ricky closed his arms possessively around Tammy. Everyone in the room except Tammy understood the possessive gesture. Oh Tammy. The room went silent, with nothing to say. Becky was in the corner of the room, looking angry. She was kind of freaking me out, she still had a bat in her hand. I got bored and a little scared of Becky and finally spoke.
"Well... we will be in the next room over." I pulled Tammy and Ricky out of the room and into the next one, with Luna behind us.
"Cute dog!" Timothy called out before I shut the door. I smiled and spun around to pet Luna. 'She is a cute dog' I thought. Tammy and Ricky claimed beds, so I got the couch. I tossed my luggage into a corner and Ricky and Tammy stuffed theirs in different corners. For a ghost town, the hotel was in pretty good shape. I checked the toilet and sink in the bathroom, surprisingly, both worked. I guess we would have to use the bathroom in the shop across the street. I walked out of the bathroom and pulled the door shut behind me. Then I started unpacking. We might as well stay here for a couple of days. I put my new clothes in a dresser type object on the side of the room. I then realised it was too quiet. I looked around for Tammy and Ricky but only found Luna sitting by the door. I sighed and zipped up my bag before throwing it back in its corner. What was I gonna do with those two. Me and Luna went outside and started looking around for them. We made a full circle around the small town before we found them in another grocery store. They hadn't noticed us yet so I slowly tip-toed to the doors in slid inside with Luna behind me. They were in a corner, sitting at a little table, with all kinds of snacks spread across the table. They were laughing. Slowly, very slowly, me and Luna walked around the aisle we were on and stopped at the corner. They still hadn't noticed us. Luna day silently at my feet, with her tail wagging behind her. I patted her head, and on the count of three I sprang our and screamed. Ricky yelled and threw his back of cookies into the air, and Tammy jumped up, and knocking the table sideways. Once they both realised it was me and Luna, we all laughed.
Me and Tammy specifically at Ricky who was making his weird laugh again.
Once the laughter died down we started a normal conversation.
"Did y'all like Becky and Timothy?" I asked.
Tammy was about to speak when Ricky started ranting.
"I think we should stay away from them. That girl Becky we giving you the eye and the other kid freaks me out. We should probably not even talk to them, I don't really want to see that girls bat in action. I have a gut feeling that she was itching to hit you with it. And who knows what other weapons they have in there! We don't even know anything about them. They could be trained assassins!"
He stopped to take a breath and me and Tammy laughed again.
"Um. What are they? Trained children assassins?" Tammy said and I laughed.
Ricky just looked annoyed.
"You never know ok! I'm just trying to prove that. With children assassins." Ricky walked off and sulked. I laughed one more time.
"What did you think of them?" I asked.
"They were... unique. The blond girl was scaring me, but the boy was nice enough. But I can tell Ricky doesn't like him. I don't know why though."
I knew why but I kept my mouth shut.
"Well, I was thinking we could stay her a couple of days, so Ricky might have to get used to them."
Tammy's face lit up with excitement.
"We could stay here for a bit! We could eat all the Cheetos and pick out some clothes and shoes. We could even play around for a bit!
If Ricky didn't mind, we could even hang out with those kids! Er, maybe just Timothy."
We both smiled.
"Yep. Speaking of clothes and shoes, I need to show you something."
I led Tammy and Luna across the street to the store I went to earlier. She smiled enormously when I showed her the clothing area. I showed her which clothes I got, and she got the dresses so we could be twins. I was even gonna her a dog dress for Luna but I thought it would probably annoy her move that anything so I got her a toy. Tammy got her own casual outfits for her style. She found a pair of light blue overalls. But instead of the usual pants they stopped like shorts. She got really excited and draped them over her shoulder. After getting some shorts and shirts I showed her the bathroom and she got really excited. I hadn't noticed the seperate shower room across the hall. We could take actual showers! When she finally marched out of the bathroom she had on her new overall shorts and a pretty pastel pink shirt that said 'Be free' on the front. She definitely looked like cotton candy. I laughed quietly and we left the shop. On the way back to the hotel we saw Timothy and Becky in a store through the window. When they saw us Becky glared at us both, Timothy rolled his eyes and pulled her deeper into the store.
I still had no idea what Becky's problem was.
We took our time walking back to the hotel. Talking on the way.
"Hey Tammy, I've got a question." I hesitated.
She waved her hands in a keep going gesture.
"Um. Do you like Ricky?"