Chapter 9

Thanks so much to anyone who is reading and/ or voting! I recently hit 100 reads and I hadn't thought It was possible. Thank you so much!

When I got back to the hotel room, Tammy, Ricky, and Luna were all sitting in the hotel living room. When I walked in Tammy yelled and jumped off the bed.
"Tammy wh-"
Tammy ran towards me at full speed, face red.
And started yelling.
"Where have you been? I thought you were staying here, we've been worried about you!
Where did you go?"
I looked over at Ricky and he didn't look at all fazed, he hadn't been worried, so why should Tammy have been?
"I took a walk through the woods, oh! I have a story!"
Her face soured and she stared at me, as if pondering if I was alright.
Then she hugged me, with the force of a bull.
I stumbled backwards, and she finally laughed. When she let go she flicked my head,
"Ou!" I jumped back.
"What was that for?"
"Scaring the crap out of me!"
I laughed again and the tension disappeared.
"Do EVER do that again."
"Ok." I responded, calmly, which kind of irritated Tammy. She huffed and said to tell my story.
I explained to the crew that I had met a little girl named Azalea, who wore flowers in her hair, was a true orphan, and loved in town but herself. I also told them about the Ferris wheel I had caught her at in the woods.
Ricky's first words were- "Can we go ride the Ferris wheel?"
Tammy elbowed him in the ribs and I laughed.
"Hey! I was just wondering!"
She rolled her eyes at Ricky and bounced around on the bed her and Ricky were sitting on. "What was she like? Was she nice? Does she know Becky and Timothy?"
I smiled, happy to get a question NOT about a Ferris wheel.
"She was small and quiet. She's only a kid, and she didn't talk much. She was nice when I was taking to her. She said she's seen them around."
Ricky frowned at my answer.
"So she's like, crazy?"
Me and Tammy both sighed and shook our heads.
"No Ricky, she seems perfectly fine. And no more questions for you."
"What If it's a-"
She cut him off. "No more questions!"
Ricky rolled his eyes and jumped off the bed, and walked over to the snack bag, probably to look for a snack.
"Boys." Tammy said and I laughed.
Ricky looked over at us with a mouth full of food, and we just laughed more.
I had laughed more in the past couple days than I had in the past couple of years. It was good.
"What's for dinner?" Tammy asked, casually,
but I knew she was really hungry and I should probably go look for dinner.
"I'll go find something at the store."
Tammy and Ricky both cheered and Ricky abandoned the snack bag after learning about dinner. When he saw me looking, all he said was, "I'm a growing boy who needs lots of food!"
I laughed and Tammy shook her head.
"I'll be back, please don't get into any trouble while I'm gone." Luna barked in agreement.
"And Luna is gonna come with me."
Ricky scoffed and walked over to Luna, and scratched her ear.
"You can't take my dog!" He said.
"Whatever Ricky."
I opened the door to leave and walked out into the hall, but before the shut the door, Luna bursted our and I looked back at a stunned and hurt Ricky. I laughed and shut the door.
Me and Luna quickly made it to the store, Luna's tail was wagging, and she jumped around like a kid at the movies.
I had actually been in a theater once. When i was little, there had been a cinema on the other side of town, which was the "fancy" side. A girl about my age had invited me to the movies, but upon entering the girls other friends had laughed at me, and she sent me out at their wishes. I hadn't talked to the girl in years, even though I knew she had wanted to bring me to the movies. But I guess people like me just weren't meant for the movies.
  When I was a baby, my foster parents had told me that orphans were nothing without their foster parents, and i would never be anything more than a dependent orphan.
  But I had stopped listening to my foster parents gibberish when i had left them. I would never have to listen to them again. When me and Luna walked into the little store, I could smell dirt, dog, and highly preserved food. We walked down the aisle looking for dinner when Luna started barking.
"Shh. Luna, be quiet." I didn't know why Luna needed to be quiet, she wouldn't possibly have woken anyone, for no one lived here, but i kind of just liked the silence.
Luna stopped barking for a moment, then she took off running.
"Luna!" I yelled. And being me, I ran after her.
"Luna!" I yelled again. I groaned loudly and kept running through the store. At least she couldn't get out. Or so I thought. I saw Luna out of the corner of my eye, crawl through a hole in the corner. Crap, I thought.
What had her so set on running?
I ran to the side of the store and out through the doors.
But Luna was gone.
Then I heard barking. Then a long howl, coming from the forest.
"Luna!" I yelled again, this time kind of worried. I sprinted across the town, but I quickly tired.
I walked quickly through the woods, I really wanted to get back. It was dark and I hadn't even gotten food yet. Tammy was gonna be so mad, and with that thought I picked up my pace. Tammy was sweet and all, but she was quite scary when angry.
"Luna!" I called again. Where did she go?
I kept walking, and tried to look for Luna, but it was almost pitch black outside and my nerves we getting to me.
"Nyxie?"
"Luna?"
I heard a laugh from behind me and spun around. There was a bark. Timothy was standing with Luna beside him, her tail wagging. This was her plan all along.
As if she could read my mind, Luna barked and jumped up. I shook my head.
"Where did you find her?" I asked as I walked over and patted her head. It was completely silent.
I could see him smile, even in the dark.
"I was walking around town and I heard you yelling, i thought something was wrong so I came looking for you, when I found this fur ball." He frizzled her hair and Luna kind of looked annoyed. Serves her right for making me chase her through town.
"Thanks for finding her."
"Come on Luna, lets go get some food."
I then noticed Timothy just staring off into space.
"Would you like to come with us?"
"Oh, no. I'm fine. I was just gonna walk around."
I waved goodbye and me and Luna started walking back to town.
"Hey Timothy why were you walking around?", I asked. But he was gone.
Me and Luna kept walking and I glared at her, but she just seemed proud of herself. It was completely silent again, and the moon had come out from behind a cloud. It was shining through the trees acting as a guide. I then heard a branch snap. I spun around and my heart beat sped up.
"Hello?" I called, my fear vibrating tho right the word.
"Timothy?"
Then a strange voice echoed through the woods,
"That's my dog."