epilogue

⁀➷

⁀➷

It had been two years since the glorious win over Voldemort and the Death Eaters, but a tragic defeat as one of the Weasleys had died on that day.

Today was the two-year anniversary of his death. The anniversary only made it harder for the Weasleys. They could barely cope with their loss on a daily basis, so being reminded of it on the date made it difficult for them. Most people celebrated on a deceased's day of death as a way to make them happy in the afterlife, but the Weasleys weren't sure if that was how they wanted to mourn.

The Weasleys now included Hermione who was engaged to Ron, and Harry who married into the family by Ginny, and Paisley who married Bill three months after the Second Wizarding War.

The Weasleys stood by Fred's grave. They each placed items on his tombstone.

"I wish he could have become a ghost," George whispered.

It was a wish he made every year and every day. He always whispered it and despite knowing that it would never come true, George never stopped wishing. Paisley gripped Bill's hand as she stared at the twin she missed so much.

"There will never be another horrific death done by Voldemort anymore. I will protect you and our children, Paisley," Bill said as he placed a hand on his wife's flat stomach that recently contained their children - male twins. "I love you, Paisley Weasley."

"And I love you, Bill Weasley. I promise to return the favor and protect you and our children together."

Bill would lay his life down to protect his children. He was sure Voldemort was dead, but there were other dangers in the world he had to prepared for.

Paisley smiled and rested a hand over his hand that was on her stomach. "We'll protect them together, Bill. I'm not some fragile woman."

He kissed her forehead. "I know."