ten

⁀➷

⁀➷

"What about you, Sirius?" Ginny asked.

"No one would have made me Prefect. I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy - he got the badge," Sirius replied.

"I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends," said Remus. "I need scarcely say that I failed dismally."

Harry's mood got much happier with the fact that his father was not Prefect. Ron was rhapsodizing about his new broom to anyone who would give him the time to listen.

"...naught to seventy in ten seconds. Not bad, is it? When you think the Comet Two Ninety's only naught to sixty and that's with a decent tailoring according to Which Broomstick?"

Hermione was talking earnestly to Remus about her point of view on elf rights.

"I mean, it's the same kind of nonsense as werewolf segregation, isn't it! It all stems from this horrible thing wizards have of thinking they're superior unto other creatures..."

Molly and Bill were arguing once more about Bill's hairstyle.

"...getting really out of hand, and you're so good-looking. It would look much better shorter, wouldn't it, Harry?"

"Oh - I dunno - "

"What about you, Paisley?" Molly asked.

Paisley looked up from her book; Advanced Hexes Level Six.

"I quite like it," she replied.

Molly pouted and still went on about cutting Bill's hair.

"Mum!" Bill sighed.

Paisley was simply whispering incantations under her breath, and when the pipe suddenly burst, everyone jumped and stared at Paisley.

"Sorry," she said, "sometimes that happens."

"You didn't even have your wand out," Fred said.

"Oh, it's complex magic, but it helps. I suppose the Nymph part of me has more magic than an average wizard," she explained.

"That's amazing!" Ginny peeped.

"Thank you, Ginny. I mean, I use a wand because it helps me focus more. I'm not that good at using wandless magic. It's a bit harder and calls for more attention and focus. I don't have much of that. Anyway, I'll fix that pipe."

Paisley moved her hand in almost a swirl motion. She mouthed the words Reparo. The pipes lifted and connected back with each other. Paisley opened her book once again and stuck her nose back into it.

"That's so cool," George whispered.

"Paisley, teach us that!" Fred shouted.

"No!" Molly yelled.

"Sorry, double trouble. You heard your mother," Paisley replied.