Present 6

As my eyes scanned the rows of make-up in the store, I began questioning if it was really worth it. I have had money saved up for months, and now that I have something to spend it on, I was starting to feel like it was a bad idea.

My mom offered to drive me to the mall today since she needed to do some grocery shopping. I took the offer because it would be a good time to pick out my Halloween costume. I decided to buy more make-up at least, since most of mine is out dated. I haven't gone make-up shopping in almost a year. It was a bit overwhelming staring at the bright displays.

I sighed quietly, picking up the elf eye-shadow palette that had a variety of colours. It was one of the cheapest ones, and it was well pigmented. Shopping is way less fun when you're alone. After paying, I made my way into another store that was hosting a special on costumes since it was Halloween time.

On the drive here, my mom and I talked over what would be an appropriate costume for a second timer's Halloween party.

We decided on a vampire maid.

It was pretty basic, but it was classic. A mix of scary and slightly sexy. After scanning the store, I found an outfit that suited what I pictured. The costume looked good on, and wasn't too skimpy. It reached a bit above my knee and was fitted but not overly tight. It displayed the right amount of cleavage for my C cup boobs and dare I say, I looked good?

Feeling confident, I bought some fake blood and a pair of fangs. It was a lot more scandalous than the outfit I had worn the first time I went which was an angel. I was actually feeling excited about it.

My stomach dropped when I exited the store and saw Rueben and Trent walk out of a door one store down.

I spun around and re-entered the store I was in, hoping they didn't see me. I don't care to bump into Rueben, but Trent is a different story.

I scanned the racks some more, trying to kill time until I feel like it's safe to leave. I internally groaned when I heard Rueben and Trent's voice as they chatted away, entering the same store I was currently hiding in.

Great.

I stayed where I was, hoping they wouldn't see me.

"Hey, Maya."

Shit.

I turned around, a reluctant smile forming on my face. "Hey, Rueben."

"What are you doing here?"

I shrugged. Uh, what people come the mall to do. Shop. "Just buying some stuff."

He nodded.

Trent stood next to him, shifting from one foot to the other.

Talk about awkward.

"Well, I'll see you guys." I waved and quickly made my way out.

*

My pen tapped absent mindedly on the table as I thought over a question.

I sat in the library during lunch, and worked on my homework. I've been working extra hard to keep my grades up since they haven't been that great since school has started.

"Difficult question?" I looked up from my paper at the sound of Rueben's voice. I stuck my tongue out at him childishly.

He plopped down across from me, taking out his food. He offered me a carrot from the zip lock bag which I declined.

He narrowed his eyes, but then shrugged and ate them.

"What were you doing at the mall on Saturday?" Rueben asked, after finishing his carrots

"Shopping. Duh."

He rolled his eyes. "I know. What were you shopping for?"

"Clothes."

He groaned quietly. "You're so annoying."

I gave him a grin. "I know."

I giggled at the glare that he was sending me. "Fine." I gave in. "I was shopping for a Halloween costume."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "You're going to Jessica's Halloween party?"

"Gosh, Rueben, you can't just ask people if they're going to a Halloween party."

He  gave me a 'really' look at the Mean Girls reference.

I chuckled. "Yes, I, Maya Tanner, am attending my second ever Halloween party."

His eyes sparkled in amusement. "I see. What are you going to be?"

I came in close and whispered, "It's a surprise."

"You're no fun." Rueben pouted. I poked his cheek, and his pout became deeper.

The bell rang indicating lunch was over, and we gathered our things exiting the library. We parted ways heading to our separate classes.

*

I made cinnamon rolls today.

A vote and comment are always welcomed : )