Epilogue

Christmas Eve

Andy hadn't wanted anymore presents, claiming that Dylan had given him too much. He fussed when Dylan gave him back the keys to the Audi and bought his apartment a Christmas tree. He had fussed when Dylan bought tickets to go to Italy for a week. And he fussed even more when he realised they would be flying first class.

Dylan met every protest with a pair of begging blue eyes and each time Andy melted with a threat that it had better be the last time Dylan did something like this without warning. Dylan didn't care. So long as Andy went along.

But now with Christmas so close and Andy so obviously standoffish about presents, he agonized over what he could give.

On a lighter note the house was well decked out this Christmas, since Dylan had decorated with rainbow lights to match the drapes and had twirled multi-colored ribbon over every tree of every room in the house. Even Spotty's doggie home had lights. And Dylan had installed a sign that lit up whenever Spotty stepped into the kennel that read "Home is Where the Bone is Buried."

Or as Andy, had often translated, "Home is where the boner grows." These past few weeks he'd spend more time at Dylan's house than his own apartment, yet still returned home for three nights of the week. Dylan watched him go each time, cursing his boyfriend's sensibilities and stubborn insistence that he would drive Dylan insane if they lived together. He held his breath for when Andy would arrive again and hoped it would be soon.

Excitement buzzed in his veins when he heard someone inside and he hurried to open the door, bare-chested as the first time they had met. Outside a rare, light snow had begun to fall and little snowflakes melted slowly in Andy's messy blonde hair.

Hey babe," Andy kissed Dylan in greeting and Dylan closed his eyes and pressed up against him.

Ice got onto his chest and chilled his nipples and he withdrew, wincing slightly, "You're freezing."

"Toasty warm now that I'm back over here." Andy returned, as he took off his coat. His nimble form moved with a grace most men didn't possess and he assessed the tree in the living room. His gaze lingered appreciatively over the garlands and streamers to the delicate lights in between the foliage. He breath in deeply the clean, green scent of the freshly cut tree and nodded to himself.

Dylan watched his reaction as he focused on the shape of the lights even more closely, eyebrows furrowed. "Are those-?" He stopped, then moved forward, still squinting. He picked off one of the lights and examine it closely, rubbing it between his fingers.

Dylan held up the little box. "Should I get on my knees and do this with an untraditional blowjob?"

Andy's face flushed for a moment and he seemed to lose his words. "It's a key."

Dylan looked back at the box and seemed to wake up. "Of course it's a key, what the fuck else did you-"

Andy threw himself onto Dylan and they tumbled to the floor in a pile of writhing limbs. "You almost killed me with that box, I thought it was a ring!"

Dylan threw back his head in peals of laughter, finally getting it. "You'd have fucking killed me after giving me some kinda lecture about rushing things."

"You know me so well," Andy said wryly, holding out a slip of paper.

Dylan's eyes roved over the paper quickly taking in the meaning. "You're letting go your apartment, you fucking smartass. How did you know?"

He shrugged, then pressed his lips to Dylan's neck before whispering, "How about that blowjob?"

"On it."

And the next presents were exchanged beneath the Christmas tree.