Home

"So was she excited? What did she say?"

"We- she doesn't want a child anymore."

"What?!" Sabrinna said.

"Yeah so I'm afraid we won't be taking the child." She nodded.

"That's too bad because you were the last stop."

"What do you mean?"

"We had no where else to place the child so we have no choice but to send her away." She said.

"Away where?"

"To another foster home." I shook my head.

"There's nowhere else she can go?" Sabrinna shook her head.

"No and it's sad because sometimes the parents abuse on the kids in foster care and there's nothing we can really do about it until it's reported." I sighed.

"And this poor girl needs stability in her life."

"W-where is she now?"

"Well we have her at the hospital right now but after that we're going to pack her things up." She said. She looked at her watch.

"I should really get going I have to inform my boss about the new information-"

"Wait.... " I hesitated because i know that this isn't what Alexa want. And i want Alexa to be happy but i also can't let this child just sit here without a home. Especially in foster care where she can be harmed. Alexa will understand once i tell her everything

"I'll take her." I said.

"Are you sure?"

"I can't let this child get hauled off to god knows where to be hurt by bad people."

"Okay. You'll have to come with me to the hospital and you'll have to fill out some paperwork and she's all yours." I nodded.

-

I had finished filling out the paperwork, i called Alexa telling her I would be home late tonight. I followed Sabrinna to the room where the small child laid on the bed. She had a jacket and tights on and her curly brown hair was in a tiny ponytail.

Her ponytail was puffy and curly at the same time. She had a scratch on her chin and it looked like she had been crying. She looked so scared. The only things she had with her was a pink blanket and a purple bunny that looked like it was about to fall apart any minute now but that didn't stop her from holding on to it like it would disappear.

"Like I said before she's been through some really traumatic things." I nodded looking at the child.

"What happened to her?"

"Her mom and dad lived in a crack house and they'd barely watch their child meaning people have been in and out of their place abusing the kid." My eyes filled with tears.

"How could someone do that to a baby. She's just a baby."

"Some people are really cruel." I quickly wiped my tears opening the door to reveal myself to the child. She looked up at me and sniffed.

"Home." She said.

"Isabella this is Jessica, you'll be going home with her." She put up her hands motioning me to pick her up. I did like how she wanted.

"Isabella is 2 years old she's been through a lot and will take patience. She needs to learn to trust you." I nodded.

Her brown eyes looked into my green ones.

"Home." She said.

"Home." I said. She laid her head on my shoulders and Sabrinna handed me her bag.